User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: V's Type

Oberon

Default V's Type

All right...

For your consideration, I give you V of the comic series and film. He's obviously a thinker, given his belief in the power of ideas. Circumstances have driven him to be I rather than E.

So I would type him as IxTx, so far.

He's literate, a student of history and literature, and a collector of fine art. He has a well-developed aesthetic sense, and an appreciation for form and symbolism.

Yet he is no navel-gazer, but a man of action with very little risk-aversion.

What's his type?

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ. That was my initial guess based on the long and well planned 'revenge' he orchestrated. I also *think* I've seen it disucussed elsewhere, Mousey.

V. <sigh>

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Oberon

MBTI
    INTP

I didnt like the movie very much -- although I respected what it was trying to say.

I would say INTJ, for the reasons stated above.

And how orgasmic was V's lair, oh god man, when I saw his book collection I was literally drooling........give me a minute.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intenseto love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In the book, he was definitely IxTx ...

Unfortunately, he was also quite mad (despite also being the "sanest" person in the story), and that has a way of messing with type readings. He had such a wide scope of vision that actually seemed sober that I would tend to think him iNtuitive (he also spoke in conceptual terms a great deal, Big Picture, and not just as empty rhetoric).

I found the movie version of his character to be watered down.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Would you say that his moral ambiguity tends to point toward P, or that his willingness to take decisive action against injustice makes him more J?

Enneagram
    1w2

INTJ
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    INTJ
    Then you might argue that what I referred to earlier as "moral ambiguity" is not ambiguous at all, but a willingness to impose his own moral code on the world around him...?

After all, he's quite willing to kill those whom he feels deserves it, but they must deserve it in order for him to be willing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think he's INFJ, because he fights for freedom of the people. An INTJ would fight for the freedom of himself. Regardless, Ni is his most obvious function.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Then you might argue that what I referred to earlier as "moral ambiguity" is not ambiguous at all, but a willingness to impose his own moral code on the world around him...?

After all, he's quite willing to kill those whom he feels deserves it, but they must deserve it in order for him to be willing.
    I was wondering what exactly you thought was ambiguous. But I hit the 'back' button instead

I watched the movie with the husband about a month ago. I knew he was going to do it. It was ... inevitable. The husband was convinced there had to be another way.

The ruthlessness of Ni ?

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.