• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

V's Type

O

Oberon

All right...

For your consideration, I give you V of the comic series and film. He's obviously a thinker, given his belief in the power of ideas. Circumstances have driven him to be I rather than E.

So I would type him as IxTx, so far.

He's literate, a student of history and literature, and a collector of fine art. He has a well-developed aesthetic sense, and an appreciation for form and symbolism.

Yet he is no navel-gazer, but a man of action with very little risk-aversion.

What's his type?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ. That was my initial guess based on the long and well planned 'revenge' he orchestrated. I also *think* I've seen it disucussed elsewhere, Mousey.

V. <sigh>

O

Oberon

vendetta_mask.jpg

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
I didnt like the movie very much -- although I respected what it was trying to say.

I would say INTJ, for the reasons stated above.

And how orgasmic was V's lair, oh god man, when I saw his book collection I was literally drooling....:drool:....give me a minute.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the book, he was definitely IxTx ...

Unfortunately, he was also quite mad (despite also being the "sanest" person in the story), and that has a way of messing with type readings. He had such a wide scope of vision that actually seemed sober that I would tend to think him iNtuitive (he also spoke in conceptual terms a great deal, Big Picture, and not just as empty rhetoric).

I found the movie version of his character to be watered down.

O

Oberon

Would you say that his moral ambiguity tends to point toward P, or that his willingness to take decisive action against injustice makes him more J?

O

Oberon

Then you might argue that what I referred to earlier as "moral ambiguity" is not ambiguous at all, but a willingness to impose his own moral code on the world around him...?

After all, he's quite willing to kill those whom he feels deserves it, but they must deserve it in order for him to be willing.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's INFJ, because he fights for freedom of the people. An INTJ would fight for the freedom of himself. Regardless, Ni is his most obvious function.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Then you might argue that what I referred to earlier as "moral ambiguity" is not ambiguous at all, but a willingness to impose his own moral code on the world around him...?

After all, he's quite willing to kill those whom he feels deserves it, but they must deserve it in order for him to be willing.
I was wondering what exactly you thought was ambiguous. But I hit the 'back' button instead :D

I watched the movie with the husband about a month ago. I knew he was going to do it. It was ... inevitable. The husband was convinced there had to be another way.

The ruthlessness of Ni ?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think he's INFJ, because he fights for freedom of the people. Regardless, Ni is his most obvious function.

I think an INTJ is equally capable of this. To me (in the movie) he didn't strike me as an F, and he appeared to be supremely confident in what he was doing.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think an INTJ is equally capable of this. To me (in the movie) he didn't strike me as an F, and he appeared to be supremely confident in what he was doing.

I edited the post to make more sense. An INFJ is generally more compassionate and cares about the people around them. An INTJ would probably be more in it from himself, due partly to a tertiary Fi function, which is motivated by personal desires.

Compare Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (both INTJs, probably) to Muhatma Gandhi (an INFJ)