• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do Ps survive in the working world?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Decoupling? I'll have to see what Google says about that later today.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was thinking about this last night.
My job is actually better for a P, not a J.
Things are just coming up left and right and there is really no room for a plan.
You need to just roll with the punches. Its fast paced and you need to be able to do things spur of the moment constantly.

The J's are just as successful as the P's, but the J's where I work tend to be more easily worn out and stressed.

Same here with my previous job. Though it would've been a great help to be an S at that one though... (and considering my S is about 9%..yeah)

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
they need to get self-employed or work in a place where their given alot of space and layway.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where would humour be without people who fuck with language?

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I have never had any issue with issues with work and being a P. Althou I never worked anywhere that required me to do routine work 24/7

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
If you're a man you can channel your work through your sexuality. I keep pictures of beautiful women, and my dream car, flashing on my desktop. If you want that you have to earn it, is the message to myself.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
P's are better at generating alternatives and improvising. I'm sure a job that calls for that on a regular basis is ideal for them. It's not like they can't work.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:wubbie: Can you go forth and spread that message amongst the SJ's that don't get it? We'd be eternally grateful ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:wubbie: Can you go forth and spread that message amongst the SJ's that don't get it? We'd be eternally grateful ;)

Definately.

P is not a handicap.

I've realized from reading some of these threads that i'm apparently:
E-loud
S-stupid
F- emotional

and now
P- incompetent

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
What in the nine levels of Dante's hell makes you think academia is J-oriented? Unless the particular uni is very beaurocratically oriented, the emphasis on GPA is largely a lie/facade designed to scare away the weak-minded on admissions filtering so they can get to the richer minds quicker and more efficiently. Intelligent people, who actually paid attention in stats, understand that statistics gathered about a population such as correlations between GPA/success do not apply to individuals, they apply to populations.

Js no doubt will be very comfortable in academia, but believe me it is not a J-world

You want a "J-world", sign up for the Marine Corps. You'll love it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definately.

P is not a handicap.

E-loud
S-stupid
F- emotional

and now
P- incompetent

YEAH!! nice right??!!

i'm proud of my p'ness..haha
i would be so much less fun without it...

okay...yeah THAT sounds weird. :shock:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Show up and on time.
WANT to do a good job.
If that doesn't work, marrying into money or selling plasma or drugs might be more your style.

But seriously, I don't understand people who are bad workers. You're f'in stuck there unless you quit, so if you won't quit then why don't you just DO it? And why can't you do it right? If you can't, you should be getting paid by goodwill industries to match and sort simple objects.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i'm a dependable girl...never had problems with work...never. i always get really close to the people i work with and like being there and they like me well enough to be cool and flexible with me too.
i think if you find something you enjoy it's not at all a problem...it's our inability to just do something we hate...i think.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Show up and on time.
WANT to do a good job.
If that doesn't work, marrying into money or selling plasma or drugs might be more your style.

But seriously, I don't understand people who are bad workers. You're f'in stuck there unless you quit, so if you won't quit then why don't you just DO it? And why can't you do it right? If you can't, you should be getting paid by goodwill industries to match and sort simple objects.

Wait wait wait. Where did this come in? P's are not losers. Now, my mom (an ISxJ) did a good job of explaining to me that are bad eggs in every personality type. You can be rude, selfish, manipulative, mean, or lazy in any personality type. Also, what qualifies as a bad worker?

I do a good job. I teach the kids well. I make sure they don't break anything. I set up a consistent discipline and a consistent grading system before any of the other teachers at my school. I incorporate all sorts of physical and brain puzzling aspects to improve my students. I go to meetings. I don't cat call. I try to give useful info. I'm known as one who can look at all the perspectives. I'm known as someone who is kind, smart, deep, with a strong sense of right and wrong.

On that note I'm late to almost everything. Not *really* late. Just, a minute or three. Even to my own classes. As far as I can tell my goods far outweigh the tangible result of my distractability. So, am I a bad worker? Should I just go work a factory job where my brain can fall out my ear? No.

We P's have different strengths and weaknesses. Our differences do not make us bad.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I've expressed this sentiment alot. Especially in my last non-contract job. I got very sick of fixing other people's messes. Which is the down side of being competant.
This isn't a P and J thing though, not outrightly. These guys smoochzed, and if that didn't work, they resorted to emotional warfare/welfare.
For a P, I was so much better at reaching deadlines, and sticking to the schedule, AND KEEPING MY PERSONAL LIFE out of the equation.
I hate policy and rules for just policies sake, by the way...what's the point if you don't apply them properly, and blindly, and with no true knowledge of why they were implimented in the first place!

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
How P's survive:

1. Compartmentalize. Put a bunch of irons in the fire so it always sounds like you're doing work and can pass off lack of progress in one task as "intense focus" on another... even if you're just playing Solitaire or posting on forums half a day. Very few people will know your "full" schedule; hence, you can pad it.

2. Do bangup work on the jobs you complete.

3. Sound like you're on top of things and can tell someone exactly what's going on, even if you're nowhere close to being completed with it.

4. Build extra time into your schedules, don't go for the bare minimal time -- give yourself room to play and explore.

5. Get a variety of job duties so that you can multi-task more when you get bored or stuck.

6. Have your resume on hand so you can go somewhere else if you get canned or habitually bored.

Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only, I would NEVER confess to running scams like this myself (gasp).
+1

^^

.... look irritated or stressed out. Makes you look busy. Credit to Costanza for that one. It actually works.
:yes:

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Definately.

P is not a handicap.

E-loud
S-stupid
F- emotional

and now
P- incompetent

:hug:

I- plagued with neuroses, delusions
N- superiority complex based on nothing
T- afraid to embrace life
P- incompetent

:cheers:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Damn, I don't know how you guys do it either. However, I do have a P friend and he almost always does better in tests/assignments than me. He doesn't work much, leaves things till the last minute, yet he is super intelligent and that gets him by.

Although I'm less than 60% J, that's why I tend to have many P qualities, but when I'm doing work, I try to get my predominant J side to take over.

7. Always look irritated or stressed out. Makes you look busy. Credit to Costanza for that one. It actually works.

:steam: