User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

ThatGirl

You guys are a bunch of lazy asses, geeze.

I love working and can make almost anything I do fun for me. It comes from growing up and realizing, you sort of dont have a choice.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I actually have no idea why I don't get fired. Last job I would waste 6 to 7 out of 9 hours a day, yet my boss was really satisfied with my work and kept praising me.

I had to fire myself out of 'guilt'. They were paying me for being around, felt like stealing.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I actually have no idea why I don't get fired. Last job I would waste 6 to 7 out of 9 hours a day, yet my boss was really satisfied with my work and kept praising me.

I had to fire myself out of 'guilt'. They were paying me for being around, felt like stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    ISFPs can perhaps survive being happy entering a intimate "flow" relationship with whatever their tool/task is.
    90% P

I do this.
    I play at work.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm very high p too and do much better in a really flexible position with lots of independence. i don't do well with any sort of micro management.

i don't really have trouble getting to work on time or doing what i'm supposed to do as long as i pick something i enjoy doing that allows me freedom.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm a very high P scorer always (somewhere above 90% every time ) and HATE the working world.

I suck at being structured, I often lose scraps of paper with important things written on them and I'm terrible at getting people thier phone messages. I asked a coworker a while back why the bosses don't hate me and haven't fired me because of these ineptitudes and the response I got was- "well, you're really hard to hate, you're charming and know how to work that. You also have a very good sales record because customers like you as well."

I guess, in the end, I use charm instead of the skills I'm supposed to be able to exhibit, but at least I have something to help me get by!
    +1

And, I am reliable as I do make it a point to finish my work (one of my values), but don't tell me how to do it, nor when to do it by. Coz then you've got a prob. It will be done though. I also scored points at my previous job with being incredibly flexible, which tied with being reliable, made me apparently an asset. When they were in a tight jam, they would to call me, as chances were I'd be more than willing to help them out and rearrange my schedule. And that means they put up with my sensotard moments, my complete chaos, tardiness and my other quirks and even help me out with those when they caused trouble.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm a very high P scorer always (somewhere above 90% every time ) and HATE the working world.

I suck at being structured, I often lose scraps of paper with important things written on them and I'm terrible at getting people thier phone messages. I asked a coworker a while back why the bosses don't hate me and haven't fired me because of these ineptitudes and the response I got was- "well, you're really hard to hate, you're charming and know how to work that. You also have a very good sales record because customers like you as well."

I guess, in the end, I use charm instead of the skills I'm supposed to be able to exhibit, but at least I have something to help me get by!
    story of my life sister, story of my life. (100% p)
    I get some easy jobs sometimes, where i basically get overpaid to come once a month, and I'm not even able to do that. Yet I always come wearing a smile and chatting myself into being forgiven (free ice cream helps too)
    I basically never do things I dont define as pleasurable in the short term, which rocks for my private life but sucks for the rest of it.

My parents are both traditionalistic Js and sensors (at least one of them is for sure). It's kind of a conflict generating topic.

I've been like that for as long as I can remember.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I just tested.
    Got 59% P.

I'm so much more J than you guys will ever be.
    I'm so much better at life.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How P's survive:

1. Compartmentalize. Put a bunch of irons in the fire so it always sounds like you're doing work and can pass off lack of progress in one task as "intense focus" on another... even if you're just playing Solitaire or posting on forums half a day. Very few people will know your "full" schedule; hence, you can pad it.

2. Do bangup work on the jobs you complete.

3. Sound like you're on top of things and can tell someone exactly what's going on, even if you're nowhere close to being completed with it.

4. Build extra time into your schedules, don't go for the bare minimal time -- give yourself room to play and explore.

5. Get a variety of job duties so that you can multi-task more when you get bored or stuck.

6. Have your resume on hand so you can go somewhere else if you get canned or habitually bored.

Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only, I would NEVER confess to running scams like this myself (gasp).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

^^

7. Always look irritated or stressed out. Makes you look busy. Credit to Costanza for that one. It actually works.