User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ-girl View Post
    P you don't need to be humble, share your success secrets hehe.
    We eat babies in satanic ritual sacrifices on every third friday.

questions anybody?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Barely?

ESTPs and perhaps ENTPs commonly survive by being driven an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to have an impact.
    ISTPs and sometimes ISFPs can perhaps survive being happy entering a intimate "flow" relationship with whatever their tool/task is.

For the others...

MBTI
    infp

Well I'm not working at the moment but when I was I survived by knowing that my paycheque was dependent on my working.

The only time I cracked was whenever I was promoted over people, being in the lead puts pressure on me and I crack and leave and go looking for a lesser paid job just so that I don't have to be in charge of anyone.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't know. I think....I think I may be likable. And...that's probably what gets me by. That and I'm smart, good at seeing outside the box, good at seeing all sides of a situation, good at finding solutions, and I'm nice to people I don't know (so, pr I guess). Otherwise, I have a tendency to be lazy, to wait until the last minute, to improvise (again, wouldn't work except my IQ is pretty up there), and I'm *nearly always* late. luckily I've managed to cut it back to exactly-on-time-but-some-times-up-to-five-minutes-late. Which is way better than my elementary school days of being an hour late. Otherwise. Dunno. It may come to bite me in the a** when I need job references but this is my first professional job.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm about 70% P but I do J strongly while I'm learning. I choose to be very unstructured in my day to day life, but am very focused in getting the job done.

My desk is usually disorganised butI'm dyslexic so I need to have things out the way well before time in order to do corrections and editing.

I tend to be very unstructured in my approach which drives the S types at work nuts, but they know I get the job done and fast. I'm not an 11th hour type - but I do need the freedom to get on with the job in my own way. Fortunately I usually get more than the average freedom to do it my way.

I've taken great care to learn me trade so I know fast routes through the crap.

I know two other strong P reasonably well, one ENTP the other ENFP - one spends a lot of time dallying but does the job very well, the other is a desperate 11th hour dude but does it very well. Both can drive me nuts but I' comfortable that both will deliver very well.

What is intersting is that J types are accused of control freakery - yet P types get very controlling if you upset their apple carts.

Good topic

Lis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    My desk is usually disorganised butI'm dyslexic so I need to have things out the way well before time in order to do corrections and editing.
    Observations unrelated with topic but sparked by post:
    Almost all ENTPs I know think they could be or have been diagnosed with having either or both dyslexia and attention deficit.

Rant having nothing to do with thread or post:
    I keep thinking they should not be considered personality disorders, but are simply normal aspects of some types of personalities.
    I am revolted by the use of drugs for hyperactivity for example. I think this practice should be considered an assault on a person's individuality. Try to make them conform to normalizing behavior - such as academic performance - can sabotage the potential of a perfectly healthy individual.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Observations unrelated with topic but sparked by post:
    Almost all ENTPs I know think they could be or have been diagnosed with having either or both dyslexia and attention deficit.
    I was diagnosed at 4 1/2 and there is a long family history of dyslexia, for me I suspect my N type hates parrot fashion learning. I was hot housed in my final year of primary school 10/11 years old, where I was regressed back to 5 year old reading, taught phontically and fast forwarded up to the level I left primary school with.

I was always one of the brightest kids in the room but really bad at English, fortunately the Education system in Scotland had developed beyond English distroying all else. I was good at Maths except for bit of it where you had to decode the english to formulate the problem.

I am an avid reader, read much more than most people so I'm largely just considerd a bad speller. That said I'm powerfully unstructured which allows me to be hyper creative whiles still remaining acceptable in the work place.

I agree with you totally one shouldn't drug up ADD (which is easy to say as a non parnet). I worked in the US for a small while back in 2000 and was horrified by the supermarkets products heavily using colouring - there was flurecent drinks. The milk in the state I was working in was too white (they had done something to it - it has a shelf life far longer than fresh milk should have). It's little wonder that there are kids with attention problems if they are being chemically infused on a day to day basis.

Sorry off topic and soap boxing - someone shut me up!!!

Lis

PS Dyslexia is a learnign problem not a personality issue. Its a collection of learning problems to be exact, there is a massive range of problems encountered.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Rant having nothing to do with thread or post:
    I keep thinking they should not be considered personality disorders, but are simply normal aspects of some types of personalities.
    I am revolted by the use of drugs for hyperactivity for example. I think this practice should be considered an assault on a person's individuality. Try to make them conform to normalizing behavior - such as academic performance - can sabotage the potential of a perfectly healthy individual.
    Response having to do with the rant that had little to do with the post (is that allowed even?):
    What about INFPs? I'm one (I guess, used to think I was an infj, but apparently not) and I'm quite ADHD (more than ADD). As for meds, it may be an assault but I also think it's survival. Which would you suggest: have a zebra look like a zebra and get EATEN BY THE CHEETAH or have the zebra paint himself black and wear a cat mask? Huh? He's not a cat, but he's not going to end up as carrion either.
    I took meds through most of high school, and now I take p-meds. 1. if I hadn't then I'm pretty sure that I would now be able to say that my angry ENFJ father would have beat the s*** out of me pretty regularly. So, now, I only have to deal with moderate ptsd rather than life-damaging ptsd. 2. as a personality I'm simply to 'sensitive' to environmental factors to be able to exist without some kind of filter between me and the world. And I get overwhelmed and then I get depressed and then I depersonalize. Meds act as that filter.
    I guess, in a perfect world it would be lovely for people to accept me just as I am, but that's simply not going to happen often enough for me to make a life out of it, so for survivals sake I (and probably most other add/adhd/dyslexic people) need something to make us blend in. Some spray paint and a mask so to speak.

/thus endith my ranting response.

I think you find a lot more P types in the writing/web page design/design fields. Know several friends who still stay up late to finish or work on a project.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

I was always one of the brightest kids in the room but really bad at English, fortunately the Education system in Scotland had developed beyond English distroying all else. I was good at Maths except for bit of it where you had to decode the english to formulate the problem.

That said I'm powerfully unstructured which allows me to be hyper creative whiles still remaining acceptable in the work place.
    It's like hearing my ENTP best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    It's little wonder that there are kids with attention problems if they are being chemically infused on a day to day basis.
    Don't start me ranting on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    PS Dyslexia is a learnign problem not a personality issue. Its a collection of learning problems to be exact, there is a massive range of problems encountered.
    Thanks for making the distinction clear.

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    As for meds, it may be an assault but I also think it's survival. Which would you suggest: have a zebra look like a zebra and get EATEN BY THE CHEETAH or have the zebra paint himself black and wear a cat mask? Huh? He's not a cat, but he's not going to end up as carrion either.

So, now, I only have to deal with moderate ptsd rather than life-damaging ptsd. 2. as a personality I'm simply to 'sensitive' to environmental factors to be able to exist without some kind of filter between me and the world. And I get overwhelmed and then I get depressed and then I depersonalize. Meds act as that filter.

I guess, in a perfect world it would be lovely for people to accept me just as I am, but that's simply not going to happen often enough for me to make a life out of it, so for survivals sake I (and probably most other add/adhd/dyslexic people) need something to make us blend in. Some spray paint and a mask so to speak.
    Yeah.

The civilizing process sucks.

Ideally:
    1. Paint the Zebra to protect it
    2. Find a haven where the zebra can be safe as a zebra
    3. Remove the paint

The above list answers the thread title's question too!

To nobody in particular, yet to everybody

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Given that the business and academic world is strongly J oriented, how do you as P survive in it? Some answers from >80% P would be good.
    Hmm..I'm not sure of my percentages. A lot of my issues arise from trying to follow a tight schedule though.
    I tried a day planner, but there was too much planning involved. It was really hard to follow and frustrating when I couldn't change my mind about what I was doing.

Now I don't even know how I get by. Just go with the flow, I guess, like the P's always do.