User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

i'm extremely P
    all mbti test taken minimum i got was 89%. usually its in the 9X% area.
    and i dislike taking orders.

basically when given a task i think about it. What's the benefit? is it fun? etc etc. If its worth it, even if i dont want to, i force myself.

usually works i do are stuff that i actually enjoy. Which i usually get done without procrastinating much.

so i don't think despite my high P, i will have much problem in my field and career.

i think its about finding the right job in the working world. Despite procrastination, P users in returns get adaptibility and crisis management skills. Which are just as crucial in the working world.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Oh, you mean like

I - afraid of people
    S - unimaginative
    T - cold
    J - anti-spontaneity

Put together equals:

I beg to differ.

You may be a turtle, but I'm far from it. I get work done, and am very active. I move at a very fast pace too, sometimes too fast.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I beg to differ.

You may be a turtle, but I'm far from it. I get work done, and am very active. I move at a very fast pace too, sometimes too fast.
    So told me your girlfriend
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So told me your girlfriend

MBTI
    ENTP

from raz i got turtle as more of "boring", rather than slow.
    because no way SJ is unproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Barely?

ESTPs and perhaps ENTPs commonly survive by being driven an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to have an impact.
    ISTPs and sometimes ISFPs can perhaps survive being happy entering a intimate "flow" relationship with whatever their tool/task is.

For the others...
    True!

(90% P here)

enfps should find "the mission" and somehow link that to all the crap that has to be done on a daily basis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I need to "missionify" all the boring, regular chores, even my job. I have some days where my mind wanders constantly, and others where I am laser-sharp and can get done in one day what would take at least a week to do. SO I have learned to accept both types of energy, and I kick my own butt when needed to just get something done.

I think it's just about being "grown-up" in a way, for lack of a better word.

Plus, I never want people to think I am incompetent, or to disappoint anyone, so that is a huge driving force too to just get things done.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    enfps should find "the mission" and somehow link that to all the crap that has to be done on a daily basis
    When ENXPs are on a mission or consumed by a task, we throw ourselves into it and we do the damn thing! LOL.

Being EP means you are adaptable and can flex - this means you should be able to flex to J mode at work.

Also, you can find jobs and fields and companies that suit your natural tendencies and strengths. For me, sales. Sales and marketing is a great field for EPs, you focus on the 'mission' which is usually your numbers and as long as you don't violate company policy you have a lot of control over your day and how you do things. Any $$$ job they just want to see results. Being high energy, people oriented, fast talker, adaptable, trouble shooter, being able to see 'big picture', etc. really helps you succeed. Textbook EP/ENTP/ENFP/ESTP traits

Or yes, be your own boss. Entrepeneur! Find a field that is exciting for you or a company that has a great unconventional culture, even if the actual job isn't your top choice.

BTW, I kinda liken this question to, "How do you make yourself work at a boring job that you don't think pays you enough or treats you well?" Answer: "You have to"

I think it's also a maturity thing and depends on how fortunate your life circumstances are and what else you have going for you.

There are a lot of pages here already, but I've said it before in other threads, if you feel you are having trouble succeeding at something or applying yourself or finishing projects as a "P", it's not the "P" that's a problem, it's your own will power and self-control. I really do think it's tied into overall maturity, or at least maturity of functions. There is absolutely no way to get around doing some things, you just have to grin and bear it.

Just flex into your J shadow type!

Besides, most people have to act like XNTJS and XSTJs at work anyways.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

sometimes it requires a lot of self brainwashing and/or seriously completely ignoring and disregarding innate tendencies, not dwelling on them at all, for if you do, you give into Procrastination and such.