User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I go to work without pants and noone has dared yet to ask why I wear no pants.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

i survive by being online all day and procrastinating til i have something due and finish it in 5 mins and come back here
    and appearing neat when in reality all papers are just thrown and not even filed correctly
    and stashing everything in my desk or under the carpet when the day is over :x
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

All you have to do is GET WORK DONE. And if you can do that without a schedule, it's all good. I've gotten good about trying to get organized, but in the end, I still work when I feel like it, and I usually get it done.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i survive by being online all day and procrastinating til i have something due and finish it in 5 mins and come back here
    and appearing neat when in reality all papers are just thrown and not even filed correctly
    and stashing everything in my desk or under the carpet when the day is over :x
    sounds familiar

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Given that the business and academic world is strongly J oriented, how do you as P survive in it? Some answers from >80% P would be good.
    OK, I'm off the charts w/ regard to "P." So, how does one who thrives in a world of options survive the humdrum of a M-F 9-5 job? A few simple and obvious answers: (1) Bills, (2) Health Insurance, (3) Free College Tuition, etc.

Other than that, you must go beyond the basic $$$ and benefits logic if you are a Perceiver and wish to hold a job that limits you in some way. For example, my prior jobs paid well but limited me with regard to schedule and creativity. Now I make a little less than before, but I have alot of flexibility in my schedule, still 8AM-5:30 PM, but I can take long lunches, arrive late, leave early, etc. as long as I make up my time, take leave, or sometimes if my work is just done.

With regard to creativity, there are times when my boss says "I need this in 5 minutes!" and he is not kidding, and its usually a task related to nothing I've done before, but that's OK because I am an excellent bullshitter, BUT there are more times when my boss says "I need this by next Wednesday, do it however you like, show me a draft in a day or so and we'll go from there."

The type of job I am in now it took me a year just to figure out what is going on, a second year to get the gist of things, and now in my third year I am able to improve the work that was done before me.

Also, I'm the only person in my organziation who has been dropped into the middle of 20 confused people, all of which out rank me, have an ominous deadline, have no idea how to solve the problem, but between all of them the details of how to do so are known in isolated compartments. That's where I come in. I moved around every 2 years my whole childhood and can make a room full of strangers talk within 30 seconds. I drop the high-level picture on a whiteboard, and create a numbered list of the things needed to solve the problem, and then just feed off them all until the puzzle is solved. I get to do this about once or twice per year, but when I can I LOVE IT.

So, its give and take. Give of yourself to learn things that are greater than your current capabilities, and take from a fixed position that whcih you need to survive being an extroverted (in my case) sensor perceiver. Mold your job into one you can live with! Nothing is set in stone! All is negotiable!

-A.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The more important question is, why should the business and academic world be J oriented ?

Phrases like that really make no sense to me. I am working on a project team at the moment and they wanted to build a website.

They sat together and brainstormed. They wrote down first ideas. They made several powerpoint presentations on a possible concept. They sat down and brainstormed again. They wrote down the new ideas. They had a team session discussing the topic...

After 3 months they came to me, telling me just 3 words: "We need webpage" (I didnt get the rest of the mambo jumbo)

1 week later they got themselves one. Everyone was fascinated. I can show it to you, but it has to be comissioned by several authorities first. I am gonna post it, when its online.

So tell me, why should the business and academic world be J oriented ? Success is unstoppable

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's all anti-P propaganda Entropie. They want to make us feel bad for not being uptight as they are and still getting to be as smart and creative if not more.

Jness is for people who can't be their own bosses!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

wise words my friend, as always

*hands over a 99cent beer* (yes i am broke)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    wise words my friend, as always

*hands over a 99cent beer* (yes i am broke)
    What, no Franziskaner Weissbier?!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well, be eat, drink, sleep, and breath..er no.

Well, I don't view myself as a stereotypical P, but more as a servant. I'm the kind of person that if you tell me to do something, I'll 95% of the time go and do it right. I'm not really one to procrastinate with things involving school work, projects, or any other big things I'm assigned. Where procrastination comes in there is for stuff that's not too important to me- little things. I am an extremely unorganized person, but I usually construct a general layout or plan in my head when I have important things going on. Procrastination and disorganization are really only obvious when I'm doing a normal day-to-day thing, if that makes sense.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?