User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Show up and on time.
    WANT to do a good job.
    If that doesn't work, marrying into money or selling plasma or drugs might be more your style.

But seriously, I don't understand people who are bad workers. You're f'in stuck there unless you quit, so if you won't quit then why don't you just DO it? And why can't you do it right? If you can't, you should be getting paid by goodwill industries to match and sort simple objects.
    because historically the owners of factories have not been very fair to their employees, hence labor laws protecting workers to teh point where tehy can be lazy. If there was better profit sharing between mnagement and labor, peer pressure from within labor to weed out lazy anomalies.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post

I- plagued with neuroses, delusions
    N- superiority complex based on nothing
    T- afraid to embrace life
    P- incompetent

Oh, you mean like

I - afraid of people
    S - unimaginative
    T - cold
    J - anti-spontaneity

Put together equals:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Im nearly 100% P and I can work so fast nobody knows i spend 50% of the day 'playing' plus i got them all fooled into thinking im organised. PUt it this way, i can do what an STJ can spend all day doing in about half hour - they seem so so slow... and given they make up bulk of business workforce i can easily dupe them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Observations unrelated with topic but sparked by post:
    Almost all ENTPs I know think they could be or have been diagnosed with having either or both dyslexia and attention deficit.

Rant having nothing to do with thread or post:
    I keep thinking they should not be considered personality disorders, but are simply normal aspects of some types of personalities.
    I am revolted by the use of drugs for hyperactivity for example. I think this practice should be considered an assault on a person's individuality. Try to make them conform to normalizing behavior - such as academic performance - can sabotage the potential of a perfectly healthy individual.
    I like you!!!!!!!!!
    You should start a thread on that subject!
    Also i think INTPs can sometimes be labelled that way! or the more confident ones can be!

And i like !!!s !!!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ArchitectofFate View Post
    seriously ESxJ's scare me a lot

I feel useless when they are around
    I know the feeling! My Dads an ESTJ!

Best thing is to do one of the three - in oder from best to worse:

1) Escape! Stay away from them unless other reasonable people who like you (in my case my Mum) are around.

2) Try appeal to them! Get into discussions with them over any and all common interests but be careful not to disagree with them overly or be to aggressive in arguments as they hate and alot of the time refuse to be wrong especially if you have no "Authority" over them.

3) Tease them! Use this as a last resort to get some satisfaction! They like dead lines and hate slow workers so do both and be really obvious about it! say thing like "I'll do it later" or "Not right now I've got better things to do" then deliver and say "Just when you wanted it" or "See, told i would do it on time" then when they grumble challenge them "Well you said you needed it for today, if you wanted it done earlier you should of asked!"
    They will hate you yet undoubtable have grudging respect for your efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Lol, I tend to have a plan A, B, C, D, E, F, G,.... and then just in case it all goes to pot (which is not uncommon) I improvise. It all works out in the end.
    PLANS?

What self respecting P PLANS?

MBTI
    INTJ

The answer is they don't survive. Being J (Big Five conscientiousness) predicts better performance in school, at work and in relationships. Sorry Ps, but being lazy and lacking self-discipline doesn't pay off. And doing well at school, work and in relationships also make you feel good about yourself, making it even more attractive to be J.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Well, I'm very P... and I've let it have its way before... and I sort of hate myself when I don't instill any P discipline. Part of my motivation comes from those students who aren't necessarily smart, but study every minute... and ask a million questions during lecture... there are a few really obnoxious ones I'm thinking of... and if I don't get a better test score I know I'm going to hear about it... especially since one of them is in my lab group.

I value education in general. I've grown up with friends who are either self motivated or who have parents with a gun to her/his head. Whether or not I think grades represent intelligence... I know the only way I'll get to where I want to go is if I make myself work.

Planners? I've tried... I think sharpie + hands works better... harder to lose =P

As far as work outside of school... I've only had customer service jobs. Carrying out tasks like cleaning is the easiest way to avoid customers and coworkers... so I'm actually a fairly decent employee... well, outside of "establishing a connection with the customers" or small talk.

To compensate: When I get mad about having to carry out a task, my misanthropy levels increase a little. My attitude towards people is typically "GTFO", but I'm able to cover that up well as long as I eventually get alone time.
    Instead of pretending to be a J in education (or even work) why not use P to your advantage?
    Use that extra curiosity, ask all the questions that come to mind like "If alkali metals explode in water/acid or burn through skin could you make a bullet that is Potassium in an unreactive liquid that turns acidic after 2 second air exposer?" - Yes i have asked that in chemistry class.
    Use your P to your advantage! Wasn't the first MBTI book called Gifts Differing?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    The answer is they don't survive. Being J (Big Five conscientiousness) predicts better performance in school, at work and in relationships. Sorry Ps, but being lazy and lacking self-discipline doesn't pay off. And doing well at school, work and in relationships also make you feel good about yourself, making it even more attractive to be J.
    What bullshit is that?

Ps aren't lazy or lacking Self-discipline.
    We just have different motivations. We are more curious. More open to ideas. Want to know more and see more. Content to experience what there is rather than change it. Rather than changing everything why not try experiencing it all?
    We try and fit in the world rather than fit the world to us.
    Also we work faster than you guys. You jealious yet?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    What bullshit is that?

Ps aren't lazy or lacking Self-discipline.
    We just have different motivations. We are more curious. More open to ideas. Want to know more and see more. Content to experience what there is rather than change it. Rather than changing everything why not try experiencing it all?
    We try and fit in the world rather than fit the world to us.
    Also we work faster than you guys. You jealious yet?
    Haha, my statements are based on empirical Big Five research, what are yours? And yes, I am perfectly aware of P correlating with N, but there is also a negative correlation to self-discipline, or a positive correlation to impulsivity, if you will. Not all Ps are lacking in self-discipline, but Js are on average quite a bit more self-disciplined and hard-working. Just the facts.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart