First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Can you go forth and spread that message amongst the SJ's that don't get it? We'd be eternally grateful
    Definately.

P is not a handicap.

I've realized from reading some of these threads that i'm apparently:
    E-loud
    S-stupid
    F- emotional

and now
    P- incompetent

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

What in the nine levels of Dante's hell makes you think academia is J-oriented? Unless the particular uni is very beaurocratically oriented, the emphasis on GPA is largely a lie/facade designed to scare away the weak-minded on admissions filtering so they can get to the richer minds quicker and more efficiently. Intelligent people, who actually paid attention in stats, understand that statistics gathered about a population such as correlations between GPA/success do not apply to individuals, they apply to populations.

Js no doubt will be very comfortable in academia, but believe me it is not a J-world

You want a "J-world", sign up for the Marine Corps. You'll love it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Definately.

P is not a handicap.

E-loud
    S-stupid
    F- emotional

and now
    P- incompetent
    YEAH!! nice right??!!

i'm proud of my p'ness..haha
    i would be so much less fun without it...

okay...yeah THAT sounds weird.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Show up and on time.
    WANT to do a good job.
    If that doesn't work, marrying into money or selling plasma or drugs might be more your style.

But seriously, I don't understand people who are bad workers. You're f'in stuck there unless you quit, so if you won't quit then why don't you just DO it? And why can't you do it right? If you can't, you should be getting paid by goodwill industries to match and sort simple objects.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...i'm a dependable girl...never had problems with work...never. i always get really close to the people i work with and like being there and they like me well enough to be cool and flexible with me too.
    i think if you find something you enjoy it's not at all a problem...it's our inability to just do something we hate...i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Show up and on time.
    WANT to do a good job.
    If that doesn't work, marrying into money or selling plasma or drugs might be more your style.

But seriously, I don't understand people who are bad workers. You're f'in stuck there unless you quit, so if you won't quit then why don't you just DO it? And why can't you do it right? If you can't, you should be getting paid by goodwill industries to match and sort simple objects.

Wait wait wait. Where did this come in? P's are not losers. Now, my mom (an ISxJ) did a good job of explaining to me that are bad eggs in every personality type. You can be rude, selfish, manipulative, mean, or lazy in any personality type. Also, what qualifies as a bad worker?

I do a good job. I teach the kids well. I make sure they don't break anything. I set up a consistent discipline and a consistent grading system before any of the other teachers at my school. I incorporate all sorts of physical and brain puzzling aspects to improve my students. I go to meetings. I don't cat call. I try to give useful info. I'm known as one who can look at all the perspectives. I'm known as someone who is kind, smart, deep, with a strong sense of right and wrong.

On that note I'm late to almost everything. Not *really* late. Just, a minute or three. Even to my own classes. As far as I can tell my goods far outweigh the tangible result of my distractability. So, am I a bad worker? Should I just go work a factory job where my brain can fall out my ear? No.

We P's have different strengths and weaknesses. Our differences do not make us bad.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I think I've expressed this sentiment alot. Especially in my last non-contract job. I got very sick of fixing other people's messes. Which is the down side of being competant.
    This isn't a P and J thing though, not outrightly. These guys smoochzed, and if that didn't work, they resorted to emotional warfare/welfare.
    For a P, I was so much better at reaching deadlines, and sticking to the schedule, AND KEEPING MY PERSONAL LIFE out of the equation.
    I hate policy and rules for just policies sake, by the way...what's the point if you don't apply them properly, and blindly, and with no true knowledge of why they were implimented in the first place!
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    How P's survive:

1. Compartmentalize. Put a bunch of irons in the fire so it always sounds like you're doing work and can pass off lack of progress in one task as "intense focus" on another... even if you're just playing Solitaire or posting on forums half a day. Very few people will know your "full" schedule; hence, you can pad it.

2. Do bangup work on the jobs you complete.

3. Sound like you're on top of things and can tell someone exactly what's going on, even if you're nowhere close to being completed with it.

4. Build extra time into your schedules, don't go for the bare minimal time -- give yourself room to play and explore.

5. Get a variety of job duties so that you can multi-task more when you get bored or stuck.

6. Have your resume on hand so you can go somewhere else if you get canned or habitually bored.

Disclaimer: For entertainment purposes only, I would NEVER confess to running scams like this myself (gasp).
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ^^

.... look irritated or stressed out. Makes you look busy. Credit to Costanza for that one. It actually works.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Definately.

P is not a handicap.

E-loud
    S-stupid
    F- emotional

and now
    P- incompetent

I- plagued with neuroses, delusions
    N- superiority complex based on nothing
    T- afraid to embrace life
    P- incompetent

MBTI
    I

Damn, I don't know how you guys do it either. However, I do have a P friend and he almost always does better in tests/assignments than me. He doesn't work much, leaves things till the last minute, yet he is super intelligent and that gets him by.

Although I'm less than 60% J, that's why I tend to have many P qualities, but when I'm doing work, I try to get my predominant J side to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    7. Always look irritated or stressed out. Makes you look busy. Credit to Costanza for that one. It actually works.
    :steam: