User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

you're saying one could replace "thorough contemplation" with "sleep"?

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    When I said it gets expressed as NT, I meant that her mental activity moves in the direction of trying to put ideas together, whereas other people's activity might move in the direction of trying to stimulate themselves (SeFi), glean personal meaning from things (NeFi), understand how the world works (TeNi), etc. But they all come out of the same basic restlessness.

I'm just speculating, anyway.
    I'd tend to agree with this. I don't think a restless mind can be narrowed down to type, or even functions. I talk to a lot of people that struggle with this, myself included, and tend to think it may be just as Edahn stated: deeper issues that manifest themselves in the forms of one's dominant functions and/or temperment. I'd say we tend to recognize these manifestations in others of our same temperment, first - that's all.

Personally, I'd tend to think a restless mind stems from one, some, or even all of the below issues:

-stress
    -anxiety
    -depression
    -one's developed psyche that has formed this pattern of thought over an extended period of time (aka - habit)
    -boredom (which could be simply a learned habit, as stated above)
    -creativity/imagination

This could also go into how left, right or balanced brained someone is, as well. I find that my mind is generally restless and it's not usually a problem until about 3AM. At that point, I do get a bit frustrated. I have also noticed that physcial exertion during the day (a set exercise routine) will give my mind a rest at night and I'm able to fall asleep easier. While I realize there are plenty of things that can help this, exercise is a fail safe for me.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    E:63% N:84% T:84% J:68%
    8w7 sx

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    I'd tend to agree with this. I don't think a restless mind can be narrowed down to type, or even functions. I talk to a lot of people that struggle with this, myself included, and tend to think it may be just as Edahn stated: deeper issues that manifest themselves in the forms of one's dominant functions and/or temperment. I'd say we tend to recognize these manifestations in others of our same temperment, first - that's all.

Personally, I'd tend to think a restless mind stems from one, some, or even all of the below issues:

-stress
    -anxiety
    -depression
    -one's developed psyche that has formed this pattern of thought over an extended period of time (aka - habit)
    -boredom (which could be simply a learned habit, as stated above)
    -creativity/imagination

This could also go into how left, right or balanced brained someone is, as well. I find that my mind is generally restless and it's not usually a problem until about 3AM. At that point, I do get a bit frustrated. I have also noticed that physcial exertion during the day (a set exercise routine) will give my mind a rest at night and I'm able to fall asleep easier. While I realize there are plenty of things that can help this, exercise is a fail safe for me.

Or you could just be the type of person that processes a lot of crap

MBTI
    ENTP

why did you have to mention sleepless nights, it 4.48am here and not a wink of sleep....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lis