Socionics
    ENTj

You should:
    - exercise more/play some sport
    - stress yourself less
    - get more sunlight
    - socialize more
    - drink one glass of wine a day

and you'll see that your mind will thank you for this.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You should:
    - stress yourself less
    - get more sunlight
    - socialize more

If you drink more than one, well, that'll relax you even more! Haha.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ-girl View Post
    I will start by apologizing in advance for my English. I am still new to the whole Ennegram test and personality types. I am trying to understand more about the functions application in real life.

I have been wondering about a certain characteristics about myself. I have always had problems with "thinking too much". My mind does not really stop. Sometimes, I am sleepless (even wake up from my sleep) and cannot stop my mind. Sometimes, these thoughts are meaningless. I have to keep my mind engaged otherwise, I will be drawn into negative thoughts. My mother (not sure about her type) has the same problem which got worst with age.

I would like to know if other ENTJ are the same and how they cope with having a restless mind.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    My boyfriend is the same way. He's an INTJ.. (sometimes I wonder if he's a possible ENTJ.) He just can't stop thinking. He comes up with problems that don't even exist and attempts to solve them. They wake him from his sleep. He says he feels like he's got a problem sometimes!!

He hasn't been able to do anything to stop it though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You should:
    - stress yourself less
    - get more sunlight
    - socialize more

This is VERY good advice..
    Definitely good anxiety cures.

MBTI
    INTJ

When you lay yourself down to sleepy boboes...

Step 1. Pay attention to your body. Specifically, what part of you are you holding tense. For me, it's head and shoulders. Relax.

Step 2. Choose a colour. Visualise your green grocer/produce department. Slowly and in detail, visualise selecting a piece of fruit or veg of your chosen colour. Pay attention to size, shape, texture. Once you have examined it thoroughly, put it in your cart and move on to the next type of fruit/veg of your chosen colour. And so on. Work through the whole range.

Step 3. If you're still awake, choose another colour.

Supposedly it calms the mind. There's basically no real or pressing problem to solve with fruit and veg so the gears and pulleys and rods and so on in the head are allowed to slow down and disengage and after a while normal tiredness puts you to sleep.

As a method it helped me through a bad patch where even the whole idea of going to bed was distressing for the sheer and horrible volume of personally ugly imagery that would start playing behind my eyelids.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    When you lay yourself down to sleepy boboes...

Step 1. Pay attention to your body. Specifically, what part of you are you holding tense. For me, it's head and shoulders. Relax.

Step 2. Choose a colour. Visualise your green grocer/produce department. Slowly and in detail, visualise selecting a piece of fruit or veg of your chosen colour. Pay attention to size, shape, texture. Once you have examined it thoroughly, put it in your cart and move on to the next type of fruit/veg of your chosen colour. And so on. Work through the whole range.

Step 3. If you're still awake, choose another colour.

Supposedly it calms the mind. There's basically no real or pressing problem to solve with fruit and veg so the gears and pulleys and rods and so on in the head are allowed to slow down and disengage and after a while normal tiredness puts you to sleep.

As a method it helped me through a bad patch where even the whole idea of going to bed was distressing for the sheer and horrible volume of personally ugly imagery that would start playing behind my eyelids.
    Interesting, I may actually have to try it, would have to avoid all the people who would undoubtably pop up and start talking to me whilst I was doing my shopping, no making eyes at the hot shelf stacker etc.

But it beats counting sheep and watching them start flying in stockings and suspenders whilst singing the national anthem, they mock me those sheep do.

No seriously, I will try that tonight, see if it helps.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah with me the sheep thing can tease the imagination, so sometimes it's just pure blocks of data jumping over a fence. Easier to count!

It is not necessarly when I am alone or it is quiet. It is more like tunning in a radio station that broadcast 24/7. I have successed in shutting it off once or twice.

MBTI
    INTP

I will start by apologizing in advance for my English. I am still new to the whole Ennegram test and personality types. I am trying to understand more about the functions application in real life.
    You're English is better than mine, I don't apologize. Now that you mention it, you're use of language is a bit strange for a foreign language speaker. I have not really been paying too much attention, but you only seem to slip-up with your use of "stuffs". On the other hand you seem to have done a fair job of mastering colloquialisms. We're you educated in a western country or something?

I have been wondering about a certain characteristics about myself. I have always had problems with "thinking too much".
    Have you tried meditation? It will defrag your brain.

I'm not really sure what you mean about "you seem to slip up with your use of stuffs", but my English learning experience came, mainly, from western media (tv, talkshows, movies, music). I think it's pretty smart that you could pick this up, I always managed to fool my natives that I am an excellent english speaker .

Yes, meditation is a daily practice.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    You're English is better than mine, I don't apologize. Now that you mention it, you're use of language is a bit strange for a foreign language speaker. I have not really been paying too much attention, but you only seem to slip-up with your use of "stuffs". On the other hand you seem to have done a fair job of mastering colloquialisms. We're you educated in a western country or something?

Have you tried meditation? It will defrag your brain.