User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: INTP first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Ok. This is something of a two tier question. For INTP's, how do you think people usually perceive you when they first meet you, or very early in a relationship? What goes on in your head, with your analysis of how other perceive you?
    I really am quite clueless regarding how people perceive me upon meeting me, though I expect it includes opinions that I am demure, bashful and a little cold. Perhaps, also, that I'm fairly intelligent.

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

I meant about your self perception....your clothing choices speak loud and clear, LOL.
    Groovejet, I've only identinfied male INTP's...maybe one older female INTP when I think about it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

It really depends on how I feel.
    I once struck up a conversation with a complete stranger because they were wearing a band shirt I liked. I was warm, made jokes, and actually laughed and smiled. This was in a group of a girl I knew as a loose acquaintance a few years ago, and 2 complete strangers. I think I came off as quite extroverted in this scenario. Looking back, I'm not quite sure how I did it, or why.
    In general, I'm aloof, quiet, and seemingly either a very angry or sad person, apparently.
    I don't smile when I talk to people and I either stare at someone by accident or look away. Someone once told me I scared them.
    Whenever I see someone I used to know for the first time in a few years, they seem shocked at my seemingly confident, straightforward, opinionated and "creepy" appearance.
    In a situation outside of school I come off as extroverted and strange, I think. If it's someone I think I'll never see again I act like I know them already.
    If I'm somewhere I don't want to be, I act antisocial and retreat into my own world, either by reading/studying or just ignoring them.

people usually open up with 'cheer up, edge'

Senior Member Array groovejet02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    people usually open up with 'cheer up, edge'
    On my 15th birthday, a classmate sent me a birthday card with the message, "Don't be sad. Know that someone loves you".

For INTP's, how do you think people usually perceive you when they first meet you, or very early in a relationship?
    They probabley percieve that i'm quite an awkward individual with a mummbelling problem I think -.-.....

Junior Member Array

I've had all sorts of reactions, and they all surprise me equally. Lots of people feel sorry for me, I suppose I just have one of those faces. Some people think I'm intimidating, some an arrogant jerk. The weirdest was probably the hostess of a new year's eve party who was "honored to be visited someone of such erudition and insight" or something to that effect. Having been high as a kite on ecstacy, marijuana and alcohol all night I had to go hide in the bathroom to laugh it off.