User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Most people just see me as weird, especially since i try not to hide it too much. Also shy and intelligent. I'm really quiet around new people. Buts once i know people i change and go basically mental and hyperactive. Also alot of people think i'm funny, don't see it myself mind! Also I'm very honest.

Its strange because i am extremely honest to most people i meet but at the same time i still try play devils advocate. I basically tell them what i think of them and challenge them to prove me wrong!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Scary, distant yet annoyingly intriguing. Trying to establish a connection with them is like trying to solve a frigging rubix cube with teeth. Often worth the risk though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Scary, distant yet annoyingly intriguing. Trying to establish a connection with them is like trying to solve a frigging rubix cube with teeth. Often worth the risk though.
    I would venture to say that that is a reasonably true statement, though we tend to show the teeth if we don't feel comfortable with you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I've definitely been thought of as intimidating on first impression. What causes this? Is it because of our unwillingness to smile and our pensive look? Non-INTPs, please tell.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Not intimidating, distracted. It's only when you open your mouth, you become intimidating, but it's an intellectual challenge usually. INTP's tend to be the only type that make me feel stupid. You guys do have this piercing look though, that makes one think you are being looked through, and you really aren't there. It's quite unnerving to be on the receiving end of that (at least the first time). The other thing is, the guys anyway, you seem to put on clothes without any thought at all, you'll wear the oddest things (and colours) together. It's almost unmistakable. Mind you, I've only met one definite and confirmed INTP, and one or two others that are suspected, but you guys have a definite air about you.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Not intimidating, distracted. It's only when you open your mouth, you become intimidating, but it's an intellectual challenge usually. INTP's tend to be the only type that make me feel stupid. You guys do have this piercing look though, that makes one think you are being looked through, and you really aren't there. It's quite unnerving to be on the receiving end of that (at least the first time). The other thing is, the guys anyway, you seem to put on clothes without any thought at all, you'll wear the oddest things (and colours) together. It's almost unmistakable. Mind you, I've only met one definite and confirmed INTP, and one or two others that are suspected, but you guys have a definite air about you.
    It's funny how there is a HUGE gap between how people perceive INTPs and how INTPs perceive themselves. INTPs generally are socially awkward (figuring out whether people like them while simultaneously looking down at the need to be liked) and always doubt their intelligence.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Guilty on both counts. And Groovejet is right. It's odd that others perceive INTPs to be somewhat inflated, aloof, and some say they feel a bit dissected; while an INTP [me at least] can be crippled by self doubt and feelings of inadequacy.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Seriously?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Seriously?
    What about? I can elaborate more if you want. Are you referring to the stares and the odd clothing choices or our self perception vs others?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The other thing is, the guys anyway, you seem to put on clothes without any thought at all, you'll wear the oddest things (and colours) together.
    Not just the guys, tsk tsk