• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP first impressions

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok. This is something of a two tier question. For INTP's, how do you think people usually perceive you when they first meet you, or very early in a relationship? What goes on in your head, with your analysis of how other perceive you?

I really am quite clueless regarding how people perceive me upon meeting me, though I expect it includes opinions that I am demure, bashful and a little cold. Perhaps, also, that I'm fairly intelligent.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant about your self perception....your clothing choices speak loud and clear, LOL.
Groovejet, I've only identinfied male INTP's...maybe one older female INTP when I think about it.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
It really depends on how I feel.
I once struck up a conversation with a complete stranger because they were wearing a band shirt I liked. I was warm, made jokes, and actually laughed and smiled. This was in a group of a girl I knew as a loose acquaintance a few years ago, and 2 complete strangers. I think I came off as quite extroverted in this scenario. Looking back, I'm not quite sure how I did it, or why.
In general, I'm aloof, quiet, and seemingly either a very angry or sad person, apparently.
I don't smile when I talk to people and I either stare at someone by accident or look away. Someone once told me I scared them.
Whenever I see someone I used to know for the first time in a few years, they seem shocked at my seemingly confident, straightforward, opinionated and "creepy" appearance.
In a situation outside of school I come off as extroverted and strange, I think. If it's someone I think I'll never see again I act like I know them already.
If I'm somewhere I don't want to be, I act antisocial and retreat into my own world, either by reading/studying or just ignoring them.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
people usually open up with 'cheer up, edge'

lazyhappy

For INTP's, how do you think people usually perceive you when they first meet you, or very early in a relationship?

They probabley percieve that i'm quite an awkward individual with a mummbelling problem I think -.-.....

Herr Strabenhauser

MBTI Type
INTP
I've had all sorts of reactions, and they all surprise me equally. Lots of people feel sorry for me, I suppose I just have one of those faces. Some people think I'm intimidating, some an arrogant jerk. The weirdest was probably the hostess of a new year's eve party who was "honored to be visited someone of such erudition and insight" or something to that effect. Having been high as a kite on ecstacy, marijuana and alcohol all night I had to go hide in the bathroom to laugh it off.