Pff, self-helpish banal quote....
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Jr. High was the worst. I did however applaud myself for getting the record in detentions and making an informed decision that I was going to stop doing homework and start watching TV (until I shot it with my Dad's revolver while playing hookie.)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    College is much more difficult and has a much heavier course load as well, so it's worse in that way, but the people (and classes) are so much more interesting that it makes all the difference. If you find the subject boring, well, that's one problem. If you're not interacting with other students, that's another problem. For most people, this is not the case, hence why you hear that college is worlds better. There's not even any comparison for me.
    I do interact with a lot of people, but it's challenging at a school where people literally go to their classes and drive home - there aren't even many dorms here. In fact, I meet more people outside of school than in.

And yes, it's my own damn fault for majoring in ACCOUNTING of all things...I wish I could have majored in Philosophy, Physics, Psychology or Math, but they're simply impractical.

I'm just attending classes to get my degree, and I am outta there...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I do interact with a lot of people, but it's challenging at a school where people literally go to their classes and drive home - there aren't even many dorms here. In fact, I meet more people outside of school than in.

And yes, it's my own damn fault for majoring in ACCOUNTING of all things...I wish I could have majored in Philosophy, Physics, Psychology or Math, but they're simply impractical.

I'm just attending classes to get my degree, and I am outta there...
    Yeah, accounting is hell - I had to take some classes for my economics and later actuary courses; otoh I believe Math can be a practical major, if you choose your courses wisely.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, accounting is hell - I had to take some classes for my economics and later actuary courses; otoh I believe Math can be a practical major, if you choose your courses wisely.
    Even those fundamental accounting courses aren't so bad... it's the SJ Wunderland of TAX ACCOUNTING and the ultimate weedout courses... Intermediate ACCT I and II that warrants suicide.

Not a good match for someone with next to no Si! If I could go back, I'd have pursued engineering.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Why can't you transfer? I'm guessing that if you hate the courses, you're probably going to hate the career as well. Although it has its perks, like making ridiculous amounts of money right after graduating (at least around here).
    -end of thread-

Oberon

Nobody in industry cares about your grades. They only care that you got the diploma.

MBTI
    INTP

My goodness, this is an old thread. I completely forgot I made it. Anyway, long story short, I've graduated and secured a good job.

Oberon, while neither grades nor pedigree make the man (both collectively or individually), neither can be completely neglected.

Needless to say, I'm no longer worried about my GPA (well, until it time to apply for grad school).

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Nobody in industry cares about your grades. They only care that you got the diploma.
    They do in California.