• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who else has a horrible time in school?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jr. High was the worst. I did however applaud myself for getting the record in detentions and making an informed decision that I was going to stop doing homework and start watching TV (until I shot it with my Dad's revolver while playing hookie.)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
College is much more difficult and has a much heavier course load as well, so it's worse in that way, but the people (and classes) are so much more interesting that it makes all the difference. If you find the subject boring, well, that's one problem. If you're not interacting with other students, that's another problem. For most people, this is not the case, hence why you hear that college is worlds better. There's not even any comparison for me.

I do interact with a lot of people, but it's challenging at a school where people literally go to their classes and drive home - there aren't even many dorms here. In fact, I meet more people outside of school than in.

And yes, it's my own damn fault for majoring in ACCOUNTING of all things...I wish I could have majored in Philosophy, Physics, Psychology or Math, but they're simply impractical.

I'm just attending classes to get my degree, and I am outta there...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I do interact with a lot of people, but it's challenging at a school where people literally go to their classes and drive home - there aren't even many dorms here. In fact, I meet more people outside of school than in.

And yes, it's my own damn fault for majoring in ACCOUNTING of all things...I wish I could have majored in Philosophy, Physics, Psychology or Math, but they're simply impractical.

I'm just attending classes to get my degree, and I am outta there...

Yeah, accounting is hell - I had to take some classes for my economics and later actuary courses; otoh I believe Math can be a practical major, if you choose your courses wisely.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, accounting is hell - I had to take some classes for my economics and later actuary courses; otoh I believe Math can be a practical major, if you choose your courses wisely.

Even those fundamental accounting courses aren't so bad... it's the SJ Wunderland of TAX ACCOUNTING and the ultimate weedout courses... Intermediate ACCT I and II that warrants suicide.

Not a good match for someone with next to no Si! If I could go back, I'd have pursued engineering.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why can't you transfer? I'm guessing that if you hate the courses, you're probably going to hate the career as well. Although it has its perks, like making ridiculous amounts of money right after graduating (at least around here).

O

Oberon

Nobody in industry cares about your grades. They only care that you got the diploma.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
My goodness, this is an old thread. I completely forgot I made it. Anyway, long story short, I've graduated and secured a good job.

Oberon, while neither grades nor pedigree make the man (both collectively or individually), neither can be completely neglected.

Needless to say, I'm no longer worried about my GPA (well, until it time to apply for grad school).