MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    I'd suck it up, be a tad bit pissed.

Sleep in the library for a few nights and destroy you in the morning.

^^^ Ditto.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    That seems odd to me. Yelling and rage all seem like mechanisms used when you are upset (UPSET = HURT FEELINGS?!?! maybe...you tell me)
    Anger and hurt are not the same, in my opinion.

Taken to the extreme:

Upset ---> anger ---> violence to perpetrator

Hurt feelings ---> tears ---> no longer feel affection towards perpetrator

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Maturity and knowledge are not correlated, IMO.
    Probably not, just wanted to see what NTs thought of that comparison

MBTI
    INFP

Often anger is a masking emotion. There is something else laying beneath it. My guess is that it would take a great deal of probing for an NT to recognize that.

I think in the case of women vs. men, women are more apt to show hurt when they are angry.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Well, what do you think: does an NT get more mature with more knowledge or less mature?

I have a friend, who I must admit is pretty damn smart (NT) and another friend who has what i would call average intelligence (SFP i think)

But I notice they handle information differently. The NT seems to hoard the information and hold it over someone's head. He acts like he's so great because he has mastered a subject and will laugh at anyone who knows less than him. The SF will share her knowledge even if its not alot. Its really endearing, I wonder how often NTs exhibit this behaviour though
    I guess when it comes to feelings an NT should be advised. Like for example a newbie in the military needs to learn the rules of the troop.

Regarding your question: NT arrogance isnt really an intention. Sometimes it can seem that way that all the information gathered is presented like it is the natural thing ever. On the other hand if you are really sure that it was meant to be arrogant, kick his ass. Because then the NT is crieing for help (or a kick in the ass).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm definitely of the opinion that fear of being hurt is behind a lot of NT callousness.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Often anger is a masking emotion. There is something else laying beneath it. My guess is that it would take a great deal of probing for an NT to recognize that.

I think in the case of women vs. men, women are more apt to show hurt when they are angry.
    I almost never feel anger, so I don't really understand it. Sometimes I fake it for it's counter-intimidation value if someone gets angry and displays bullying behavior.

As for hurt, it can only happen from betrayal; if someone does something to shatter my belief about how much they value me. Since I have no expectations for strangers, they could never hurt my feelings. I suppose it's different for feelers?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

Or maybe there's nothing to "recognize" and others want to impute hurt if it satisfies their shallow understanding of the NT in question.

Like most NTs here have indicated, hurt and anger are very different and result in different reactions. I may become caustic and condescending when angry, but hurt brings on withdrawal. And the opinions of strangers or of people I hold in low esteem are not likely to hurt me in the least.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Dishonesty and harsh words from those I care about can have the ability to hurt me. If I donít care about you never gonna happen, worst case scenario I write you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So bottom line, we don't have to worry about hurting you guys, till we actually know you and even then it's not that easy.
    Yuppers.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Dishonesty and harsh words from those I care about can have the ability to hurt me. If I donít care about you never gonna happen, worst case scenario I write you off.

Yuppers.
    You really need to put starbuck back there. Really !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]