First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I think a bunch of these NTs claiming not to get their feelings hurt are a bit full of it. I know too many NTs that will go ablaze with fury if you insult their competence or even hint that they might not know what they are talking about. ...

If I'm arguing a point with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and he has the balls to suggest that I'm wrong, I will not stop arguing until he is a tiny pile of ash on the ground.

But that doesn't hurt my feelings. As soon as he's conquered (and he will be conquered), I go back to not giving a crap.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think a bunch of these NTs claiming not to get their feelings hurt are a bit full of it. I know too many NTs that will go ablaze with fury if you insult their competence or even hint that they might not know what they are talking about. Of course they could just be immature, who really knows.
    I don't know if I would define it as getting feelings hurt. More like outrage, at the notion that people are perpetually blind to reason. It's frustration, not injury.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Does one consider frustration hurt feelings? There's a difference of where the blame is placed. NTs never consider this kind of stuff hurt feelings, even though there may be yelling involved. It's just... different.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Does one consider frustration hurt feelings? There's a difference of where the blame is placed. NTs never consider this kind of stuff hurt feelings, even though there may be yelling involved. It's just... different.
    Jinx.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Jinx.
    NO U!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    That seems odd to me. Yelling and rage all seem like mechanisms used when you are upset (UPSET = HURT FEELINGS?!?! maybe...you tell me)

But I don't claim to understand the nt mindset at all. Probably the hardest types for me to understand actually.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    If I'm arguing a point with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and he has the balls to suggest that I'm wrong, I will not stop arguing until he is a tiny pile of ash on the ground.

But that doesn't hurt my feelings. As soon as he's conquered (and he will be conquered), I go back to not giving a crap.
    Lawl.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

That seems odd to me. Yelling and rage all seem like mechanisms used when you are upset (UPSET = HURT FEELINGS?!?! maybe...you tell me)

But I don't claim to understand the nt mindset at all. Probably the hardest types for me to understand actually.

But when my feelings are truly hurt, I don't yell; I withdraw ... like a little kid.

An idiot can't make me feel bad about myself. I have to value the person before I can value his opinion about my character.

MBTI
    ENFJ

When the alpha is challenged and they snarl and bite and claw at the challenger, are his feelings hurt? When presidential candidates go into a frothy rage on the podium, are his feelings hurt?

garbage

It's probably just forcefulness of presentation and assertiveness.