MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Pretty much.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Guess as far as it goes with ENTP, they are pretty unaware of how they come off to other people, but they are nevertheless intrested. It would explain all the "what do you think about entp's" threads .

One thing is for sure, this attitude needs to be understood and be counterreacted with a model idea of how and why things are like they are within oneself.

Which brings one ultimately to the answer, why I am here
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So bottom line, we don't have to worry about hurting you guys, till we actually know you and even then it's not that easy. Ironically, it works the other way around for me. I'm more likely to be hurt in the beginning and way more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt when you're a good friend and therefore be likely less easily hurt.

Oh and Scott: I'd love to retain that if you could only tell me how to stay confident with myself while staying that open to people. I'm telling you..it's not easy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ok, so its already immensely clear that the feelings of NF's are easily hurt. But since you guys are no robots, or so I've been told, I'd imagine that your feelings can get hurt too, no matter how much you try and protect them.

So the question becomes..when does someone hurt your feelings and how? Coz we're so used to NT's joking around about being touchy feely and how it does not affect them, that I sometimes wonder if it makes us sometimes too careless with your feelings.

My feelings can only be hurt by people I love.

And even then, an all-out rejection is the only thing that hurts. Rejection from someone I love hits me hard and fast ... so strongly that I can barely function. But when I recover, it's as if nothing ever happened. There's nothing I can't get over.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    ... But, by and large, NT's rarely have self-esteem problems.. so that trigger is usually never activated. And we tend to be guarded, so we don't let a lot of people in close enough to hurt us.

Does that seem accurate to the other NT's here?

Bingo!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So bottom line, we don't have to worry about hurting you guys, till we actually know you and even then it's not that easy. Ironically, it works the other way around for me. I'm more likely to be hurt in the beginning and way more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt when you're a good friend and therefore be likely less easily hurt.

Oh and Scott: I'd love to retain that if you could only tell me how to stay confident with myself while staying that open to people. I'm telling you..it's not easy
    I guess bottom line is, you have to get to know every person in the world seperately. There is no mutual role the person could follow.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

So not even an NF in full fury about the fact that you stepped on their toes with what was meant to be a playful comment, can hurt you at that moment for calling you a coldhearted, cruel person?

No.

I'd think he was overreacting, tell him he's being a drama queen, and laugh about it in my head while pretending to take his concerns seriously enough for him to stop whining so we could get back to having fun.

Adding an emoticon so no one gets hurt:

MBTI
    ENFJ

My memory for any feelings is that of a goldfish, so I really don't know how to respond to this question.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTJ

I think a bunch of these NTs claiming not to get their feelings hurt are a bit full of it. I know too many NTs that will go ablaze with fury if you insult their competence or even hint that they might not know what they are talking about. Of course they could just be immature, who really knows.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

When I had a messy fall out with a close friend whom I had known for years, I could only feel embarrassment for the situation. When a teacher pulled me aside and told me I had "coursework concerns", I needed a couple of minutes alone in order to prevent him from seeing me cry.

I'm weird that way.
    Um, yeah.