User Tag List

First 24323334

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i should also add that if someones insult is valid ill just accept it in a civil manner.

MBTI
    INTP

I think I have certain areas that I really don't appreciate being insulted on. The problem arises in not reciprocating and getting in a nasty little spat on those things. I usually withhold, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I can be pretty hot then and confrontational and I would need some kind of resolution, reaction, or conclusion from the other person before I calm down. It's usually performance or action based things that really irk me.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

You know, I've been feeling a little 'off' lately.

... think it's the weather.

MBTI
    NeTi

The most recent example of my hurt feelings would be when someone who I was having a discussion simply gave up. For the rest of the conversation, she just said, "Yeah. Okay. Sure." It wasn't that she gave up, it's that she didn't care. She couldn't care less about my point of view. She simply thought I was too aggressive and she retreated. That both made me very frustrated and hurt (this is someone whose respect I have been trying to earn), and a little angry. Of course, I don't show it. But honestly, I define people by their thoughts. Everything about a person comes from their thoughts and beliefs. When you don't care about what I have to say, or what I think, you're telling me that you don't care about me, and that pisses me off and I get resentful. As an ENTP I desire recognition, and that was the ultimate slap in the face.

And yes, I do hold grudges, if I've been hurt a significant amount. I never act on them, but they do last a while.
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    When you don't care about what I have to say, or what I think, you're telling me that you don't care about me, and that pisses me off and I get resentful.
    I was just going to post something to this effect. Except I don't make myself vulnerable to most people, so when I'm talking with someone for any length of time I've probably decided they might actually care about what I say. If I'm telling a story and they suddenly act dismissive or bored I know I've failed at being interesting or worthwhile to someone who matters to me and it doesn't feel good.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I was just going to post something to this effect. Except I don't make myself vulnerable to most people, so when I'm talking with someone for any length of time I've probably decided they might actually care about what I say. If I'm telling a story and they suddenly act dismissive or bored I know I've failed at being interesting or worthwhile to someone who matters to me and it doesn't feel good.
    QFT

If I'm talking about something I really don't care about, and they obviously don't care about it either, I'll just change the subject or stop talking and think nothing of it. But if I am voicing my opinion, or explaining something I find facinating and they shut me down, I'm not happy and I put up a few more walls the next time I speak with that person.

EDIT: This all applies to the few people that I desire recognition from. Most people I couldn't care less about.
    The enemy's gate is down.