First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    My feelings can get hurt if someone I have let inside my protective systems, and shown my true self, states that he/she doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I don't care that much for what people think of my facade, but when someone runs away from the warmth I have saved for a select few, it almost kills me.
    Mmm...so does it make sense to you then that the people you call 'emo' and skip the holding up of a facade are therefore hurt quite badly and easily sometimes?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mmm...so does it make sense to you then that the people you call 'emo' and skip the holding up of a facade are therefore hurt quite badly and easily sometimes?
    I do see what you mean, it has to be taken into consideration, on the internet its hard to tell. I think the bad things tend to hurt more, due to being NFP, also on side lack of proportionately and the other lack of understanding of impact, but the good comments are not as effective, because it lacks the warmth of normal tone and expression in real life, at least it seems to me. So like in RL I can give really loads of support and stuff.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Mmm, hadn't even considered it specifically geared towards the forum and the internet, but yeah, you have a point
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mmm, hadn't even considered it specifically geared towards the forum and the internet, but yeah, you have a point
    Ooops, haha, Ive been thinking on different angles lately went abit off topic, Im blaming those silly brain training games. Yea, I think those, who present a facade or wall, tend to brush things off more easily, like they brush away who they are inside away emotionally potentially, while those who display their true selves can get hurt more, at the same time they connect more deeply, more often. Overall I think its better to remain true to who you are, even if it has drawbacks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The NTs I know have feelings that get hurt as often as mine do, just about different things. The most common way that my feelings are hurt is when someone is being rude to me or others close to me. The most common way for my NT friends' feelings are hurt is when they are made to believe they are incompetent in some way.

I wasn't aware there was such a sharp NT/NF divide until I got into MBTI. Everyone just seemed like...themselves to me.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Oh, we do get hurt, but just not as "easy" as others or just not about the same things and in the same situations I guess.
    Current example.
    Somebody just left MSN and had a status message going: Those on my list, who mean something to me, will be added to a new email.
    He didn't add me and left MSN changing his status to: Goodbye msn.
    There. It probably should bother me (since I used to like that guy a lot), but it doesn't. Because I think to myself if he doesn't like me after all I have done for hime it's his problem, not mine. I did my best, but I dun need to run after people who obviously don't want me in their life. Not anymore. Also I expected this anyways. I just know people. *shrug*

Additionally, when I am hurt, I will recover incredibly fast, just because there is not much sense to me in being hurt for - I don't know - days, weeks, months or whatever.
    But that's just me. I can't say how much this goes for other NTs.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Current example.
    Somebody just left MSN and had a status message going: Those on my list, who mean something to me, will be added to a new email.
    He didn't add me and left MSN changing his status to: Goodbye msn.
    There. It probably should bother me (since I used to like that guy a lot), but it doesn't. Because I think to myself if he doesn't like me after all I have done for hime it's his problem, not mine. I did my best, but I dun need to run after people who obviously don't want me in their life. Not anymore. Also I expected this anyways. I just know people. *shrug*
    Yeah, that sort of thing would leave me feeling the same way -- a little twinge of hurt because I didn't make the list, but if it was just part of my casual friend/acquaintance circle... not a big deal. They have every right to limit their own circle to the people they can invest in; it's not personal.

Now if it was someone who I thought I was really close to -- we've had deep conversations together and a consistent pattern of relationship -- and suddenly they just chop me out, that would throw me a bit.

Additionally, when I am hurt, I will recover incredibly fast, just because there is not much sense to me in being hurt for - I don't know - days, weeks, months or whatever.
    I thought it more a P thing for me, I just flex to the situation eventually.
    I can't stay hurt for a really long time, even if I would want to.
    I just adjust.
    It's like there's a stable middle, and any intensity of emotion is a draw away from it, like pulling on something attached to a long rubber band; and if emotional energy is not continually getting put into the system to keep me away from the center, the rubber band pulls it back to the middle and I stabilize in fairly short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    The NTs I know have feelings that get hurt as often as mine do, just about different things. The most common way that my feelings are hurt is when someone is being rude to me or others close to me. The most common way for my NT friends' feelings are hurt is when they are made to believe they are incompetent in some way.
    If I know I screwed up, then it's okay -- that's not a big deal.
    If I'm accused of incompetence when I know I'm not, I get really upset.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Now if it was someone who I thought I was really close to -- we've had deep conversations together and a consistent pattern of relationship -- and suddenly they just chop me out, that would throw me a bit.
    Well, we did have that. But I am just done running after people. I used to do that a lot some years ago. I would even change myself to fit those peoples needs but that's complete BS to do.
    Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't care if a dear friend or a special person just leaves. I mean I would fight and talk to them; try to solve the problem. But I also know when it's useless. I forgave this guy quite a lot, I did a lot for him but if he can't value it I might get hurt, but the "kiss my ass" attitude is still stronger than the wound. You get the idea.

If I know I screwed up, then it's okay -- that's not a big deal.
    If I'm accused of incompetence when I know I'm not, I get really upset.
    Yeah, same for me.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INXP

Well, we did have that. But I am just done running after people. I used to do that a lot some years ago. I would even change myself to fit those peoples needs but that's complete BS to do.
    Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't care if a dear friend or a special person just leaves. I mean I would fight and talk to them; try to solve the problem. But I also know when it's useless. I forgave this guy quite a lot, I did a lot for him but if he can't value it I might get hurt, but the "kiss my ass" attitude is still stronger than the wound. You get the idea.

Yeah, same for me.
    I would have said the status messages were calculated and intended to hurt.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah. Hard to tell. It really depends on the specific relationship. I think there are just some unspoken rules for each relationship that both people intuitively know (or, when they don't, someone gets hurt).

There are people I do have some decent and even intimate conversations with online, but the relationship has always been fluid, and sometimes when the conversation is spent, it just drops and we don't talk for weeks/months. (Usually this is more with T sorts that I experience this ability to drop without much hurt feeling. It's not like we are no longer "friends" but it's just understood that life has moved on and we're in different paths and they need their freedom and I need mine and we don't engage anymore.)

So when someone does housecleaning, it's not as big a deal as someone who engaged on something that felt far more personal.

But again, you're right, there's just a sense of autonomy and not trying to hold people in thrall. you let it go and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I would have said the status messages were calculated and intended to hurt.
    Well, now that I look at it again, the phrase "who mean something to me" is unnecessary if one is just cleaning house. So yes, it could be a bit of a below-the-belt jab (i.e., "You should have been closer to me but you screwed up, so I'm cutting you out, and this is my way of poking you about it so you know why you're getting cut")... but... yeah... again... so the guy is being a bit of a jerk. Not much else to do but get over it and let it go, there is nothing really to salvage.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft