User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I think it's a bit of misconception that NT's don't feel anything, in fact at times I can find my feelings quite overwhelming. Yes, I could play up being a hard nosed logistician all day and night, but I'd find that kind of existence ultimately very unfulfilling. Interestingly, it's the feeling side of things that surprises me about my SP friends. Love is bandied around as if it was an expected social response rather than an actual emotion.

I've no qualms in admitting I'm a bit of a romantic, and I do believe that love can exist (whether or not it is a chemical response set off by the brain is completely irrelevant). So there is no doubt in my mind that I can have hurt feelings, however the great ability of NT's to put these things into perspective helps soften the blow.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    That's important to note. If you're just spewing a load of bull, you'll just make us not take anything you say seriously.
    Case in point. The accusation was somewhat puzzling and somewhat annoying since you made it without elaboration and also because you use the pronoun "us", implying that you have been appointed spokesman for the forum. But I experienced no hurt feelings.

Someone who barely knows you exclaiming "You're not very bright, are you?" because of social awkwardness leads to "Please." before hurt feelings. Though competence is the best way to go, I can attest. I can "burn" from insults, but usually if I get "hurt", it can only be done by myself.
    ???

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Misty: enlightening post
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

Well, I'm easily hurt, especially by ethical types. When logical types get on my case, I tend to just argue and then it's the battle of the crudest and most logically savvy (I think I win most of the time :insert angel wings here: ).

I'm especially vulnerable to people who I respect and who hold some authority over me. With peers I give the robot stare. Otherwise there is a chance for me to actually be in tears.

I can be fairly sensitive but I try very hard not to show it, so being called insensitive (unless it is merited) can be hurtful while being called stupid mostly just bruises my pride.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hurt me by acting like you're onboard or "open" to transformative conversation, then shut me down like Rush Limbaugh on some moralism.

ENTPs identify with making a change and if you pretend to be open but just want to get us "out in the open" it can be quite jarring when you show your "true" self. Which with F's seems to change from moment to moment (to me.)

I recently had a girlfriend of my roommate do that very thing and then report back that I "had feelings" for her boyfriend. Fixed people drive me nuts! But this one wounded me suprisedly. I couldn't explain the concept of agape vs. romantic love. So now I hate her. Which is a rare event for me. She seems controlling to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've noticed that those with their guards up intensely, once hurt, retract and push the person that's capable of getting to them away when unhealthy/scared to open up and recognize emotion as a part of every human being, including themselves.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Not close to me, not going to hurt my feelings.
    Close to me, you can probably hurt my feelings but I won't show it.
    Then of course if a close relationship goes negative, there is a point of hurt-level where I just... don't get hurt anymore and forget the past pain, apathy towards the individual entirely - that's what happens with me when someone close to me, just turns rude, starts acting like an enemy.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTP

I think it is harder to get under the skin of an NT. I think in some cases, they just laugh it off as irrelevant (ie it registers but no offence is taken), or moreso like me, I missed the point entirely ("sorry dear, I wasn't quite listening")

To say that we don't have emotional feelings is wrong. I can remember on numerous occasions where an off-the-cuff remark has left me reeling for days. For instance, I like to think I'm quite fit and healthy, but a friend of a friend remarked "Oh I didn't think you went to the gym" and I took it very personally. My more "touchy-feely" friends didn't see the issue (funnily enough) but I kept harping on about it for days.

I think there are ways in. As a guide I'd say that you should bash NTs over the head with logic until they are smitten and then go for the F jugular :P
    Yes, you are unique......just like everyone else

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

As horrible as it sounds I quite thrive on conflict. It allows me to get into someone's skin and really understand their outlook on a given topic.
    - Able to leave relationships without looking back
    - Able to turn conflict situations into positive lessons
    - Able to take constructive criticism well

Those three points strongly apply to me as an ENTJ. I can't really think of when I was truly hurt, the only time was when I was in a serious relationship with an ESTP (Trust issues with past lifestyles and all).

Does any NT have a bad habit of actually laughing or smiling when being called "horrible" names like, heartless or d**khead.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Illict91 View Post
    Does any NT have a bad habit of actually laughing or smiling when being called "horrible" names like, heartless or d**khead.
    Guilty. Once when a companion said "...if you weren't such a cold-hearted bitch.." I responded with "well, yes, but we've been over that" - causing him to burst out laughing.