User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    lol that's not gonna hurt an NT.... it's likely to be an amusing and entertaining thing for a stoic person. I'll confess outright that when this does happens, I actually feel glad I could have an effect on said NF.

I think many INTX men get hurt when they are overlooked for social events that they would gladly like to be a part of, but don't know how to assert said desire.

This happened to someone I know. He kept questioning why this would happen to him & felt a bit rejected & unwelcomed. I had to reassure him that it wasn't anything personal.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INXP

I don't usually get my feelings hurt too often.

The thing that would hurt is if someone was criticized me. It would have to be something pretty blunt for me to realize actually.

What happens with me from time to time with F's is I'll say something that I thought was fairly harmless, and he or she will think that I was pissed about it when i wasn't and I was more or less just agreeing with them. Or I'll say something I think is perfectly ok and they get pissed at me because they read something more into what I was saying and wasn't at all what I meant.

NT's usually aren't tuned into people's feelings as much as some other types...

being totally serious here
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    People can hurt me, the first time they meet me, yes. It's one of the reasons I ask these questions. I'm trying to remedy that.
    oh...i see. hmm...maybe it's just been too long since it happened that i can't remember. well i'm sorry if i've ever hurt your feelings...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I think many INTX men get hurt when they are overlooked for social events that they would gladly like to be a part of, but don't know how to assert said desire.
    Eh.

It's more annoying to be unnecessarily included in social events.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh...i see. hmm...maybe it's just been too long since it happened that i can't remember. well i'm sorry if i've ever hurt your feelings...
    I doubt you ever would
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't usually get my feelings hurt. In fact, there are only a couple of times that I can remember being really hurt...

The first was when I was twelve and my parents criticized me for being too tomboyish. The second was when my parents would make me feel like shit for not being invited out with my friends (even though I could care less about it myself). They'd make it seem like I was a failure for not engaging in enough social activities.

But there's really no way that someone who wasn't close to me could hurt my feelings. I would either mock that person back, or disengage completely.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Eh.

It's more annoying to be unnecessarily included in social events.
    lol

"Dammit! ANOTHER baby shower..."
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I always figured NTs were the types you'd have to get in close to have a hope of hurting them.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

When I was going through depression, I got my feelings hurt pretty easily. I already thought low of myself, and I didn't have the capacity to not take things personally.

Now? For the most part, I tend to view criticism and hurtful remarks as either a learning exercise for me or as a reflection of the other person. But people who I trust and know well still have the capacity to hurt me very, very badly.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So not even an NF in full fury about the fact that you stepped on their toes with what was meant to be a playful comment, can hurt you at that moment for calling you a coldhearted, cruel person?
    I would figure they just misunderstood what I was saying and overreacted...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I don't generally get my feelings hurt much... usually I either see the offending statement as something that I need to resolve (either about a situation or about myself) and proceed accordingly... or I assume the person doesn't know what they're talking about and don't pay any attention.

Those rare times when I DO get my feelings hurt, it doesn't tend to last long. The only people who can really hurt me to the point of crying would be family members or close friends who I feel should support me in something but they don't.
    same here...
    Last edited by Kollin; 12-22-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: put better explanation on first quote...
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular