User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

Results 241 to 250 of 336

  1. #241
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That was extraordinarily bad timing, then.
    The context was completely wrong for that sort of joke.
    It was pretty clear he was being quite serious and in "analysis" mode, and your "joking" tone didn't deviate from your "serious" tone.
    (I don't actually think you have a large degree between the two.)

    So is that an Fi thing, or an Fe thing... or just bad timing... or what?
    I don't argue with the po-lice.

    Yes, ma'am, whatever you say.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #242
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    This is what I mean about feeler overconfidence in diagnosing others' feelings !
    It does make me wonder why NT's are seen as the arrogant type, because we all have a tendency to see the world through our strengths and shut out everything else. I guess it's because we as NT's will cling to the notion that we're objective and thoughtful and therefore correct. I think we all have the capacity to be arrogant about our strengths and shut out everything else.

    Yesterday, my Fe-dom friend spouted off some interesting social cues that he picked up on, and he was very surprised that I didn't see them. Likewise, I used to be (and sometimes still am) bewildered at the fact that time management classes actually exist.. because time management is easy, right?

    I dunno. I was an arrogant dick in my early college years and didn't think that I needed to change anything about myself or listen to anyone. I got over that when I realized it wasn't going to work for me.

    The truth is that we should all listen to what others have to say, because it might be founded. A feeler might be right in their assessment of our emotions. Likewise, we might be right in telling them that their assessments are full of shit.


    There. I've explained why a feeler might be obsessed over delving into others' emotions.

  3. #243
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    It does make me wonder why NT's are seen as the arrogant type, because we all have a tendency to see the world through our strengths and shut out everything else. I guess it's because we as NT's will cling to the notion that we're objective and thoughtful and therefore correct. I think we all have the capacity to be arrogant about our strengths and shut out everything else.

    Yesterday, my Fe-dom friend spouted off some interesting social cues that he picked up on, and he was very surprised that I didn't see them. Likewise, I used to be (and sometimes still am) bewildered at the fact that time management classes actually exist.. because time management is easy, right?

    I dunno. I was an arrogant dick in my early college years and didn't think that I needed to change anything about myself or listen to anyone. I got over that when I realized it wasn't going to work for me.

    The truth is that we should all listen to what others have to say, because it might be founded. A feeler might be right in their assessment of our emotions. Likewise, we might be right in telling them that their assessments are full of shit.



    There. I've explained why a feeler might be obsessed over delving into others' emotions.
    Awesome post!!!

    Are you sure you are an ENTJ?



    I kid, I kid.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #244
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CLUE
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I dunno. I was an arrogant dick in my early college years and didn't think that I needed to change anything about myself or listen to anyone. I got over that when I realized it wasn't going to work for me.
    I am not and have never been an arrogant dick. There are some things I think I am more of an expert on than others, but it is never about themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    The truth is that we should all listen to what others have to say, because it might be founded. A feeler might be right in their assessment of our emotions. Likewise, we might be right in telling them that their assessments are full of shit.
    Yes, but what I see is that some feelers do not really want to listen to what you have to say unless it supports their pet hunches. If you say they are full of shit they do not accept it.


    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    There. I've explained why a feeler might be obsessed over delving into others' emotions.
    Thanks, and no offense to a self-styled arrogant NT, but I would like to hear a feeler on it, too.
    It just occurred to me. You are an NT trying to explain something you are not! Just like I have said feeler's do. New twist!

  5. #245
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Awesome post!!!

    Are you sure you are an ENTJ?



    I kid, I kid.
    Haha, I'm willing to accept that my post could be completely wrong, too. But I somehow doubt that it's completely off-base.

    (Funny you mention type.. I actually introduced myself to the forums as ESFJ () and went to great lengths afterward to actually find my type. My very first assessment, about two years ago, pegged me as ENTJ, and I ended up coming back to that after reading up more on the functions and observing what came most naturally to me.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    I am not and have never been an arrogant dick. There are some things I think I am more of an expert on than others, but it is never about themselves.
    I didn't mean to say that you were, if you read it that way. I've seen arrogance and stubbornness in all types; I was just throwing out the fact that I used to be that way myself.

    Yes, but what I see is that some feelers do not really want to listen to what you have to say unless it supports their pet hunches. If you say they are full of shit they do not accept it.
    I agree. Some do that, just as some of us are always convinced that we're right when it comes to our strengths, too. I know I've run across NT's that I couldn't even convince to listen to my counterpoints on some topic.

    Thanks, and no offense to a self-styled arrogant NT, but I would like to hear a feeler on it, too.
    It just occurred to me. You are an NT trying to explain something you are not! Just like I have said feeler's do. New twist.
    Oh, yeah.. I'd love to hear their perspective on it, too. Or at least their perspective on my perspective.. seems at least CC agrees with it.

    You're right, though. I am trying to explain something that I'm not, and I freely admitted that I could be wrong, too. I use phrases like "I think" and "I guess" to try to get that across. I don't pretend to understand feelers' thought processes. I could be trying for too holistic an approach, seeing a pattern (of every type playing to their strengths and being overconfident in them at times) that isn't there. I invite everyone to give their own approach to the same problem.

    From my perspective, feelers have been right in assessing me, and they've been wrong in assessing me. I could've been wrong in judging them in being right and wrong at times, too.


    .. it's all a big, confusing mess.

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    238

    Default

    I have found your view to be well thought out. Each type has a capacity to rely too much on their strengths and ignore evaluating to improve weaknesses. There are times when the feeling function is better in a T, and vice versa, type is one thing, other factors come into play for a person and circumstance. If one constructively critques his or her self, that person is going to be far more balanced personality than others and will improve their own character further. Singling out any type to have a significant monopoly on flaws is not fair, its easy to criticise other types, since can see where the person has flaws where you have strengths, but it takes a mature outlook to see his or her self aswell and see where they are coming from, its all about being a healthy example of a human being. I think that be recognising things like this you've shown that you're a mature example of ENTJ.

  7. #247
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CLUE
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Haha, I'm willing to accept that my post could be completely wrong, too. But I somehow doubt that it's completely off-base.
    I'm sorry. I did not mean to suggest they were.

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I agree. Some do that, just as some of us are always convinced that we're right when it comes to our strengths, too. I know I've run across NT's that I couldn't even convince to listen to my counterpoints on some topic.
    Very true. I suppose the reason it floors and annoys some NTs is that the strength is not just some objective fact out there, but claim to knowledge about the person him or herself that is often based on very little but a person's principles - innate or learned - of how people work. Where we have things like diagnosing strangers with childhood trauma for not feeling much, it comes off as a greater affront to me. Perhaps it is a personal-impersonal thing. I can imagine a feeler being rightly upset that a T would not consider the feeler's thoughts on a personal matter correct only because it is a matter of thought rather than feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You're right, though. I am trying to explain something that I'm not, and I freely admitted that I could be wrong, too. I use phrases like "I think" and "I guess" to try to get that across. I don't pretend to understand feelers' thought processes. I could be trying for too holistic an approach, seeing a pattern (of every type playing to their strengths and being overconfident in them at times) that isn't there. I invite everyone to give their own approach to the same problem.

    From my perspective, feelers have been right in assessing me, and they've been wrong in assessing me. I could've been wrong in judging them in being right and wrong at times, too.


    .. it's all a big, confusing mess.
    :-) To be clear, it wasn't a criticism. It just struck me that I was saying feelers do it and there it was I had a T doing it.

  8. #248
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    Very true. I suppose the reason it floors and annoys some NTs is that the strength is not just some objective fact out there, but claim to knowledge about the person him or herself that is often based on very little but a person's principles - innate or learned - of how people work. Where we have things like diagnosing strangers with childhood trauma for not feeling much, it comes off as a greater affront to me. Perhaps it is a personal-impersonal thing. I can imagine a feeler being rightly upset that a T would not consider the feeler's thoughts on a personal matter correct only because it is a matter of thought rather than feeling.
    For my dime, this desire is more a description of intellectual defiance to being pigeonholed/indiscriminately categorized on the basis of subjective observation. Emotions are intimate to the user, as is the thought process that decides how/when to implement them...

    As such, it stands to reason that an outside observer will lack the contextual meat necessary to make a detached determination as to why I express emotion the way I choose to.

  9. #249
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    For my dime, this desire is more a description of intellectual defiance to being pigeonholed/indiscriminately categorized on the basis of subjective observation. Emotions are intimate to the user, as is the thought process that decides how/when to implement them...

    As such, it stands to reason that an outside observer will lack the contextual meat necessary to make a detached determination as to why I express emotion the way I choose to.
    Absolutely. Also, a person only has how he/she would feel in the same situation to go on, and since their processes are likely different from mine, they're probably not going to react in the same way that I would. I find it pretty condescending to be told by someone (or even have it implied) that they know how I feel, and I'm just repressing it.
    Something Witty

  10. #250
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    A conscious fight to maintain "rationality" and push down feeling is ALWAYS a signifier of unresolved major personal issues. ALWAYS.
    Note: I have personal experience here.
    If this is not just personal opinion, please cite your sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    An emotionally intelligent, empathetic person will sometimes understand what an emotionally unintelligent person is feeling before, or better than that person does, or will.
    This can be true. IME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    Do you think by virtue of being a feeler you are more emotionally intelligent? Do you think you are less intellectually intelligent as a feeler?
    I do not think so. Preference =/= ability.
    Neglected muscles atrophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    This is what I mean about feeler overconfidence in diagnosing others' feelings ! Sometimes common sense is a better guide than spidey senses.
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] NF and NT romance in movies
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-18-2017, 12:26 AM
  2. [MBTItm] NF and NT... drawn together like moth to flame
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
  3. [MBTItm] About Intuitive-Feeling and Prediction
    By Nadir in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO