User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    CLUE

They may pick up on moods and feelings, but I am not sure they assess them correctly. I cannot tell you how many times FPs have believed me to be angry with them because they "felt me out" wrongly. A lot of false positives.
    I am wary of people who try to tell people they have problems because they do not feel or act like they want or expect them to.
    I am disappointed that I have yet to hear a feeler explain their obsession with doing this.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wow, this example perfectly illustrates my point.

Thank you for sharing.

It'd help you to know that the guy was an ENFP, too.

Regarding false positives, I've certainly misclassified, mis-organized, and mis-planned myself at times. We'll all screw up, even where we're strong.

And if a feeler does feel more than us, they might expect us to tend toward the same. That's because their own viewpoint is what they naturally default to. ..just as we can't see why they get all emotional about certain things.

MBTI
    CLUE

But we are talking about assessments about other people's emotional depths or lack thereof, where the FPs are super-confident in their ability to tell you how you feel and how you deal with feelings better than you are, and therefore ascribe pathology if you say they are wrong. Why the need to see pathology? Let's probe the feelers on this. Because they are more often wrong on diagnosing me than thinkers are.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatic View Post
    They may pick up on moods and feelings, but I am not sure they assess them correctly. I cannot tell you how many times FPs have believed me to be angry with them because they "felt me out" wrongly. A lot of false positives.
    I am wary of people who try to tell people they have problems because they do not feel or act like they want or expect them to.
    I am disappointed that I have yet to hear a feeler explain their obsession with doing this.
    HAHAHAHA!!

I'm sensing a little bit of anger, spite and bitterness, here, care to share?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

garbage

But we are talking about assessments about other people's emotional depths or lack thereof, where the FPs are super-confident in their ability to tell you how you feel and how you deal with feelings better than you are, and therefore ascribe pathology if you say they are wrong. Why the need to see pathology? Let's probe the feelers on this. Because they are more often wrong on diagnosing me than thinkers are.
    Dunno. I get overconfident about my strengths at times, too, and I sometimes defend them when I'm told that I've applied them incorrectly.

Surely because it's my strength, I must have applied it correctly, right? Surely, the other person is wrong!

Not necessarily.

Since it is my strength, I do tend to be good with it. Doesn't mean that I'm infallible with it, though.

MBTI
    CLUE

HAHAHAHA!!

I'm sensing a little bit of anger, spite and bitterness, here, care to share?
    And here we have an example of what I mean. You are sensing wrong. I explained in clear terms, then a feeler takes offense and reads between the lines when there is little there. Then the laughter that rings disingenuous because it is clear that it comes from anger based on the diagnosis of bitterness. Because the feeler would rather the thought that you feel bitter than understand where you are coming from.There is a need to impute ill will and spite. Why do you do that?

MBTI
    CLUE

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Dunno. I get overconfident about my strengths at times, too, and I sometimes defend them when I'm told that I've applied them incorrectly.

Surely because it's my strength, I must have applied it correctly, right? Surely, the other person is wrong!

Not necessarily.
    This is what I mean about feeler overconfidence in diagnosing others' feelings ! Sometimes common sense is a better guide than spidey senses.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And here we have an example of what I mean. You are sensing wrong. I explained in clear terms, then a feeler takes offense and reads between the lines when there is little there. Then the laughter that rings disingenuous because it is clear that it comes from anger based on the diagnosis of bitterness. Because the feeler would rather the thought that you feel bitter than understand where you are coming from.There is a need to impute ill will and spite. Why do you do that?
    LOL!!!

I was joking!!!

But now I am being for real, are you ok?

You seem, hrm, what's the word, yeah, tense.

Are you sure you're feeling ok?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    CLUE

LOL!!!

I was joking!!!

But now I am being for real, are you ok?

You seem, hrm, what's the word, yeah, tense.

Are you sure you're feeling ok?

Is this Sunshine part II?

I am fine. But yes, I am honestly interested in hearing the feeler viewpoint on it. I have asked directly, but people dance around it instead of answering. I think it is odd that, as common as it is, I haven't heard a feeler explain why they do it. :/ I even provided a provocative explanation to stimulate a correction, but only received a "why would we" response instead of an explanation.
    I will get to the bottom of this.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

LOL!!!
    I was joking!!!
    That was extraordinarily bad timing, then.
    The context was completely wrong for that sort of joke.
    It was pretty clear he was being quite serious and in "analysis" mode, and your "joking" tone didn't deviate from your "serious" tone. (I don't actually think you have a large degree between the two; your tone seems pretty much the same.)

So is that an Fi thing, or an Fe thing... or just bad timing... or what?

note: I don't think his response meant "mad" in case you're curious... just slightly annoyed because of the lack of getting an answer to his question.

Quote Originally Posted by stigamatic
    I am fine. But yes, I am honestly interested in hearing the feeler viewpoint on it. I have asked directly, but people dance around it instead of answering. I think it is odd that, as common as it is, I haven't heard a feeler explain why they do it. :/
    Ayup, there it is.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft