User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ok, so its already immensely clear that the feelings of NF's are easily hurt. But since you guys are no robots, or so I've been told, I'd imagine that your feelings can get hurt too, no matter how much you try and protect them.

So the question becomes..when does someone hurt your feelings and how? Coz we're so used to NT's joking around about being touchy feely and how it does not affect them, that I sometimes wonder if it makes us sometimes too careless with your feelings.

Banter in this thread is of course to be expected and no problem, just plz, indicate when you're serious and not, using an emoticon (I know, I know) or some other indication. I still have trouble seeing what's humor and what's furreal with NT's I don't know.

I don't generally get my feelings hurt much... usually I either see the offending statement as something that I need to resolve (either about a situation or about myself) and proceed accordingly... or I assume the person doesn't know what they're talking about and don't pay any attention.

Those rare times when I DO get my feelings hurt, it doesn't tend to last long. The only people who can really hurt me to the point of crying would be family members or close friends who I feel should support me in something but they don't.
    Embrace the possibilities.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

So not even an NF in full fury about the fact that you stepped on their toes with what was meant to be a playful comment, can hurt you at that moment for calling you a coldhearted, cruel person?
    lol that's not gonna hurt an NT.... it's likely to be an amusing and entertaining thing for a stoic person. I'll confess outright that when this does happens, I actually feel glad I could have an effect on said NF.

I think many INTX men get hurt when they are overlooked for social events that they would gladly like to be a part of, but don't know how to assert said desire.

MBTI
    INTP

So not even an NF in full fury about the fact that you stepped on their toes with what was meant to be a playful comment, can hurt you at that moment for calling you a coldhearted, cruel person?
    No not really. Those things are usually deflected. It has to be more of a long term brewing crisis for it to really kick in. But it's a hard thing to sort of read because somebody attacking me personally like that usually doesn't have an affect it has to be more action oriented. I think the hurtful things have to be more far-reaching and perpetual. You also have to take into account the wall and barrier that a lot of NTs have especially introverted ones, you sort of have to be inside to have a more sizable effect. I tend to get a lot more worked up about illogical things than cruel things so if you have a balance of both then you can get a reaction out of me but it has to be strongly bounded to the former.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

ThatGirl

I dont like when people assume I'm cold hearted and cruel

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I dont like when people assume I'm cold hearted and cruel
    Nor do I. But I'm inclined not to take it seriously when they're obviously just lashing out.
    *besides, it's better for my plans that they imagine a fluffy bunny instead*
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I think what would hurt most people's feelings just make me smile. I enjoy it and see it as a new toy or a part of that dance we call life.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i don't think i get hurt that often! unless i count you as one of my people...you know...the people i have love for.

do you amargith? like from a stranger?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    hmm...i don't think i get hurt that often! unless i count you as one of my people...you know...the people i have love for.
    Isnt that everyone, all the time?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

uh..no...not at all. random people don't count.
    people i have in my phone usually...you know.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post

do you amargith? like from a stranger?
    People can hurt me, the first time they meet me, yes. It's one of the reasons I ask these questions. I'm trying to remedy that.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”