User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It probably comes down to how healthy they are. A psychologically unhealthy NT would indeed be very unable to cope with hurt feelings.. an alien idea. But by the same token, an unhealthy NF may totally overreact (by society standards) to hurt feelings.

I'd say that given healthy well balanced NT and NF, neither are more susceptible, they just view or react to it in typecast ways.
    Yeah there's a neuroticism factor that MBTI doesn't account for.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So I guess the conclusion of this thread is:

a) NT's deny to ever being hurt (possibly they're just repressing though).
    b) T's and F's desperately need classes to understand each others humor.
    A lot of T's humor uses a lot of sarcasm...hearing them banter, you would think they hated each other's guts but of course it's all in good fun...
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I think NTs are more sensitive to hurt feelings than NFs, yep, I do. Hurt feelings seem to have a muted, yet prolonged effect amongst NTs. We, NFs, accept and express our feelings,

blah blah blah
    Bye bye!
    Go play in another thread!
    Have a good trip!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I think NTs are more sensitive to hurt feelings than NFs, yep, I do. ...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah ... uh ... NO.

MBTI
    ENFJ

CC, I think you need to define 'hurt' and 'feelings' for us.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

I don't think NTs are more sensitive than NFs but some Ts are more sensitive than they let on.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Why do NFs keep trying to convince us that we're repressing our feelings?

It's like you guys are incapable of understanding that there are people who don't view the world the same way you do.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Why do NFs keep trying to convince us that we're repressing our feelings?

It's like you guys are incapable of understanding that there are people who don't view the world the same way you do.
    THANKYOU!

I don't share my feelings freely but I am aware of them and being hurt by anyone but a few I have vested my emotions just doesn't happen unless they physically kick me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I just have to say though ... absolutely nothing is more adorable than an NF trying to cheer me up when she/he thinks she may have "hurt my feelings."

They assume I'm hurt because they would be hurt in the same situation, and I don't have the heart to tell them I don't actually give a shit. They're like puppies or something. That's why I love them so much.

MBTI
    ENTP

Just people taking liberties, I guess. I usually don't mind and automatically put my feelings aside to get on with things and do the best job, task focused sorta thing. But when people just take for granted that I will always do that and deliberately take no account of what my feelings might be, y'know, they don't think that though I do this, I might not mind not HAVING to do it now and again! That pisses me off.

And when people question my honor or integrity. That deeply insults me, if it's done consciously, and irritates me even if I know it's not done on purpose.

Most minor things that people apologize for, it kinda irritates me that they do. Like they're saying I would consider it an option to get uptight or annoyed about it, like I'm some kind of asshole. I guess I kinda hope that people notice by my behaviour that I'm pretty forgiving and honorable, cos I work hard at being so, so if they're apologizing like that it's like they didn't notice, which makes me feel like my efforts to be a good person are for nothing. That's demoralizing, but not really hurtful in the sense F's tend to mean it... I don't feel personally attacked or anything and don't blame that person, I don't beat myself up or anything... just get a bit demoralized

I dunno... it's pretty difficult to HURT me in the way I seem to see F's being hurt, but plenty of things irritate me or get on my nerves, but it's not even real anger at those things, it's just ... I guess there is a lot of passion inside but it's in a protected area, not that I don't show or display it but I only do on my terms, so I guess cos it spends a lot of its time repressed (not being able to "get at" the real external causes of it), I tend to let it out in little spurts all the time over any silly thing that gives me the excuse to release a bit of built up steam, whether that be irritation, anger, happiness, amusement... so on the surface there's this false impression of perhaps volatility (growling at other drivers on the road, flipping the bird, hearty laughter, bursts of enthusiasm, emphatic expressions of approval/disgust etc), covering up for the real passion inside that's very much controlled, focused and disciplined.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen