User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I've had some INTP profs and, to be honest, they're not the best teachers. Like evan said, it seems like they're more interested in research (which makes sense, given the type.) From the ones that I've experienced, it doesn't seem as though they were exactly interested in formulating new and improved pedagogical methods...in fact, they were probably among the most traditional in approach of all the types that I'd had (lecture behind the lectern).

I don't exactly understand what you meant by the lifelong learner or bookworm stuff, though. Are you saying that if you were to become a professor that you'd find it difficult making your knowledge concrete enough for others to understand (even despite the fact that you don't do the bookworm thing that is so stereotypical of INTPs?)
    It's something like this. INTPs are known for understanding complex systems. It has something to do with the Ti stripping down the essence of that complex system making it relatively simple for the INTP to understand, which, in my opinion, is a more effective way of learning than sheer reading/memorizing data.

I was thinking that maybe INTPs can teach the fundamentals of Ti and make it an alternative style of learning things.

MBTI
    IsTP

In the few and far between situations where I am teaching or instructing somebody to do something I think I'm very descriptive and helpful, but I become very agitated when I have to explain things twice.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'd like to be a professor some day. I second that teaching pre-collegic classes would probably drive me crazy.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

I am a teacher to special ed kids and work one-on-one. I prefer the diagnostic part of my job over classroom teaching because it allows me to study, observe and invent in a loop which gives me vitality. It is a fascinating process.

Since ENTP is called the Innovator this stands to reason. As I get older, though, I am interested only in areas which will contribute to a larger group. So I'm looking at returning to school and gaining qualifications which will allow me to teach teachers and others.

The part of ENTPs that requires a cause or person to be "worthy" before jumping full-in requires no explanation on my part. It is simply about getting the most bang for the buck. If you think INTPs are poor teachers perhaps you are not connecting in a way that engages them in your "worth." NTPs like to forward something rather than just exchange information easily available from other sources, IMHO.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I sometimes have strange fantasies of being a teacher. Not that that really means anything, since I'd probably not be too good with those few loud kids that always worm their way into corrupting the curriculum.

One INTP teacher I think I've had was... sleep-inducing. It was Chemistry, and we almost always focused on the notes, and he lectured, with his monotone-eque voice, and it became a challenge to stay awake some days. He was a cool guy-- you could tell-- but those Chemistry classes, man...

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    I sometimes have strange fantasies of being a teacher. Not that that really means anything, since I'd probably not be too good with those few loud kids that always worm their way into corrupting the curriculum.

One INTP teacher I think I've had was... sleep-inducing. It was Chemistry, and we almost always focused on the notes, and he lectured, with his monotone-eque voice, and it became a challenge to stay awake some days. He was a cool guy-- you could tell-- but those Chemistry classes, man...
    I would have thought INTPs, of all types, would show the most enthusiasm explaining a subject they are interested in.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I would have thought INTPs, of all types, would show the most enthusiasm explaining a subject they are interested in.
    I would think that is the case as well, as long as all the students are receptive. I would have zero tolerance for troublemakers, those who didn't understand a simple concept, or those not also interested in the subject.