User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: INTP Women!

MBTI
    INTP

Not to go totally girly in this thread, but Jennifer is correct on the mascara application technique, and it bears repeating that Jennifer is adorable. That is a very cute shirt!

I feel the same way, btw--clothes and makeup are purely a representation of how I feel or how I want to express myself. The minute you tell me I have to dress a certain way, I rebel like crazy.

Eh, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not very easy to try to get to know. If I'm just hanging out with you, and we click, and we're having fun, fabulous. But I tend to clam up in regular "getting to know you" sessions, and the more questions someone asks in an effort to know me, the weirder I feel. I can logically know that it's a flattering thing that someone wants to get to know me better, but being put in the spotlight and being pried open like a clam makes me feel wildly uncomfortable. Maybe it's because it feels like an unnatural, accelerated process? I feel like getting to know someone should just happen naturally, and there shouldn't be a rush. Things will come up when they come up. Being asked a bajillion questions feels not-right, because I just cannot feel obligated to spill my guts to someone I just met.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    the more questions someone asks in an effort to know me, the weirder I feel. I can logically know that it's a flattering thing that someone wants to get to know me better, but being put in the spotlight and being pried open like a clam makes me feel wildly uncomfortable. Maybe it's because it feels like an unnatural, accelerated process? I feel like getting to know someone should just happen naturally, and there shouldn't be a rush.
    Oh hell yes! I want the chance to get to know the other person slowly, asking me too many questions results in my feeling suffocated and on guard. I'd rather have a discussion on a topic I'm interested in and learn about each other that way than a question and answer session on myself *shudder*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Oh hell yes! I want the chance to get to know the other person slowly, asking me too many questions results in my feeling suffocated and on guard. I'd rather have a discussion on a topic I'm interested in and learn about each other that way than a question and answer session on myself *shudder*
    +3

Now, if you'd just fill out this 15 page questionnaire.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

I like wearing makeup, too. This may be part of the reason we INTP chicks are so elusive IRL. Some of us blend right in with the general population, and you have to talk to us to discern that we're INTP. Problem is, we hate being randomly chatted up in public.
    I like makeup; I love clothing - there's so much to play with. I generally keep my makeup low-key, but I will take chances with my wardrobe. Worst case scenario, I go home and change.

And being "randomly chatted up"? Sometimes, it's OK. But if it's accompanied by the 'I'd like to take a bite out of you' stare. Uh, no.

Hmmm. Maybe I should rethink the makeup. Or the clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    1. Unscrew mascara lid.
    2. Open mouth and eyes like a fish.
    3. Stroke up, from under the lash. (If you're brave, we'll crimp ya after.)

Did I miss something?
    Wipe excess mascara from the wand (depending on the brand).

MBTI
    INTP

Greetings INTP women, non INTPs (and lurkers)! Here are a few topics that have been on my mind recently. By the way, I'm pro-makeup and dressing well. But make no mistake, comfort and function are high on the priority list. Anyway...

If and only if you're an INTP WOMAN, please answer these questions (and by all means add any non-related comments/questions that come to mind):

Friends- What is your men-to-women friend ratio?

Mine is about 7:1. I have a couple close girlfriends whom I've known for years; but I rarely make a new new one. Men, on the other hand, I find much more interesting. And if they're not interesting, they're at least a good time, in that we can get together and enjoy a nice afternoon of football, beer, and banter-- minus the "fights" I unwittingly pick with women when I offend them with my "insensitive" comments/jokes.

Work/School- What do you do for a living/What degree are you pursuing? Do you have a hard time working under a *boss*?
    I'll just say I have interests in logic, philosophy, world politics/monetary systems, the "justice" system, economics, things of the linguistic variety...

Dating/Relationships- Is commitment seen as an encroachment on your independence? Fear of (or at least *hang-ups* with) intimacy? Do you need to hear "I love you?"
    I could write a book here. But I'll just leave it at, the majority of men I've dated have been unable to satisfy me intellectually and/or emotionally. Or, there's the commitment-happy school of men who are planning their proposal on the third date. I won't be bored and I won't be suffocated. When it comes to communicating love, to me, actions speak louder than words...

Come on Tallulah, Bluemonday, others whose names I haven't yet memorized. Disclose whatever you're willing to. Ha.

MBTI
    INTP

Friends: Probably have had more female friends overall--I do always manage to find really cool, intelligent women to hang out with, so I never had the problems some NT women have with not relating to other women. I think I tend to be a NT/NF magnet. I have had fewer, but really awesome, guy friends. Fewer, most likely because I grew up in a small, Southern town, where most of the guys were big ole rednecks. But I did manage to find good ones. My guy friends are usually the type to like intellectual pursuits and some artistic ones.

Work/school: I have a Master's degree and teach English now, but prior to that, I did my fair share of horrible office jobs, earning rent money while trying to do more artistic things. I learned pretty quickly that I cannot, CANNOT survive in a corporate, or even small-business, environment. I have always seen people as equals, and refuse to play the butt-kissing game. I always resented being asked to do menial things that didn't utilize my skills and brainpower, as well. I just basically hate everything about the office mentality. It's a very SJ environment, and it feels like the antithesis of everything I need to be happy.

Dating/Relationships: I could pretty much have written your answer, word-for-word. I really do believe in love, and hope to find the person that excites me and inspires me to devote myself. But yeah, I usually find a lot of well-meaning, perfectly nice men that I have absolutely nothing in common with, and therefore, can't get excited about. I don't have a fear of commitment, I don't think--I just haven't found the person that I really wanted to commit to. I think for INTPs, finding the right person is 100% of the battle. If you're excited about someone, you'll do what you have to to make it work.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Ah, you know, Tallulah!!

Work/school: .... I learned pretty quickly that I cannot, CANNOT survive in a corporate, or even small-business, environment. I have always seen people as equals, and refuse to play the butt-kissing game. I always resented being asked to do menial things that didn't utilize my skills and brainpower, as well. I just basically hate everything about the office mentality. It's a very SJ environment, and it feels like the antithesis of everything I need to be happy.

Dating/Relationships: .... I think for INTPs, finding the right person is 100% of the battle. If you're excited about someone, you'll do what you have to to make it work.
    Your Work/School experience- couldn't have said it better my self. The SJ world is stifling.

Your Dating/Relationships two cents- YES. I'm kind of wading into something with an ENTJ right now. **BTW, I hate how all this categorizing of people sounds, as it tends to de-individualize, yet it's the easiest, quickest way I know to "sum" someone up to you**

P.s. My best girl friends are comprised of an ENTP, INFP, and an ENFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Friends:- What is your men-to-women friend ratio?
    All my significant friendships are/have been with men. Women tend to make me nervous and stressed. I went to a girls' school too. Yeah, that was fun.

Work/school:What do you do for a living/What degree are you pursuing?
    Do you have a hard time working under a *boss*?

I work in IT, occasionally. Mostly, I'm a bum.
    Masters in S/W Engineering (yet to finish)
    Yes. That's why I freelance. They have a harder time than I do, as a rule.

Dating/Relationships- Is commitment seen as an encroachment on your independence? Fear of (or at least *hang-ups* with) intimacy? Do you need to hear "I love you?"
    I can't commit to breakfast.

Need, no. Appreciate? rarely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

What foolish things-- because I don't like the word 'mistakes'-- have you done with men? Perhaps, repeatedly...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mbeerti View Post
    What foolish things-- because I don't like the word 'mistakes'-- have you done with men? Perhaps, repeatedly...
    I need to find some that live nearby, first.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments