First 34567 Last

Thread: INTP Women!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    in public... not so much.
    I love the lengths female INTPs go through in order to remain anonymous. One in particular wasn't featured in school year books for five consecutive years, never spoke up in class, and didn't even attend her high school graduation.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Do you like doing this or do you have to do this?
    I like wearing makeup, too. This may be part of the reason we INTP chicks are so elusive IRL. Some of us blend right in with the general population, and you have to talk to us to discern that we're INTP. Problem is, we hate being randomly chatted up in public.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I like wearing makeup, too. This may be part of the reason we INTP chicks are so elusive IRL. Some of us blend right in with the general population, and you have to talk to us to discern that we're INTP. Problem is, we hate being randomly chatted up in public.
    I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way. I can have a discussion about something interesting and we can either talk more after if things get more interesting; or part if nothing interesting comes up with out having to be worried about any connection.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I like makeup, actually. (And clothes -- a lot.)

I consider it an artistic means of self-expression, showing people who I am. I am pretty picky about what I wear.

I'm not into clothes as status symbols at all, though; or clothes that I feel get in the way of the needs at hand. I am not going to wear anything just because it's "expected of me."

If it's really inconvenient, or doesn't really reflect who I am, forget it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way.
    Because being randomly hunted down is oh so much better than being randomly chatted up?

How did a thread about INTP women turn into a discussion of clothes and makeup, anyway? The shame of it!

I blame the kitteh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How did a thread about INTP women turn into a discussion of clothes and makeup, anyway? The shame of it!
    You're right -- let's just go nekkid!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Because being randomly hunted down is oh so much better than being randomly chatted up?

I blame the kitteh.
    Oh come on, it can't be that bad... *gears up to pounce*

Actually Var started talking about makeup and clothes, I just wanted some expansion on it. But if I have to I guess I could take some of the blame... maybe... =^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

I wish you folks weren't so hard to find. I wish I wasn't so hard to find. Being an introvert sucks sometimes.

One of the coolest people I've known was an INTP. I should probably get in contact with her again...
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I like makeup, actually. (And clothes -- a lot.)

I consider it an artistic means of self-expression, showing people who I am. I am pretty picky about what I wear.

I'm not into clothes as status symbols at all, though; or clothes that I feel get in the way of the needs at hand. I am not going to wear anything just because it's "expected of me."

If it's really inconvenient, or doesn't really reflect who I am, forget it.
    You're so pretty, though.

I wouldn't know what brands of clothes to be into, myself. Whatever looks good?

And I still need to figure out mascara.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    I wouldn't know what brands of clothes to be into, myself. Whatever looks good?
    Well, of course what looks good!

You're more practical; I think you'd focus more on function than aesthetics based on what I know of you.

But there's still a lot to work with there, nowadays.

And I still need to figure out mascara.
    1. Unscrew mascara lid.
    2. Open mouth and eyes like a fish.
    3. Stroke up, from under the lash. (If you're brave, we'll crimp ya after.)

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh
    I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way. I can have a discussion about something interesting and we can either talk more after if things get more interesting; or part if nothing interesting comes up with out having to be worried about any connection.
    Well, yeah; it sort of sucks to be under the pressure of a date, it's cooler to just be out with people and click with someone and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    INTP women are cool. I've only known a few IRL that I suspected were INTP. And on this board, they seem a lot more well balanced and healthy than the INTP males for some reason.
    I think what was brought up elsewhere was that there seems to be less extremes in the interests/intellect levels of the females, the males are more likely to flit to the ends of the bell curves. And in our culture, women don't really get as much chance to excuse themselves from socializing and learning the rules; it's sort of forced on you, men are permitted more often to duck and run off by themselves.