• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Bad trips and INTPs ?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Are they related ? I never reached a high in the few times I smoked, I always get nightmarish paranoid indescribable anguish and fear. So I am too afraid to even attempt stronger psychoactive drugs.

Any similar experiences or tips to avoid this stage ?

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, if you aren't getting high, try something stronger! Blades is incredibly strong, so i would suggest that....but you said you had "nightmarish paranoid indescribable anguish and fear" so i don't know. It might be your environment; try surrounding yourself with people you trust to help you if you do get scared, and in a safe place like your room.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Bad trips would be stronger, I can't imagine being scared more than I already did.

I trust no one at all, fuck.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I smoked weed a few times and got high once. The time I did that, I smoked the actual THC crystal that my friend had collecting in the bottom of his space case. Took half a hit and I was high as a kite. It wasn't a bad trip at all but I wouldn't exactly call it enjoyable either. Didn't see the appeal as I prefer to remain in control my body. The only appealing side effect was the fact that my voice deepened.

A few weeks before this I smoked a blunt and ended up hallucinating that bag on my wardrobe was moving. But that's the only time I'd say I had a bad experience. And it really wasn't even that bad.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I trip on salvia divinorum occasionally. The first time I tried an extract it scared the hell out of me, though I attribute that mainly to the stronger potency. I experienced fairly heavy paranoia on one other occasion (becoming convinced that my entire life had been a hallucination), but it was interesting. Overall, I'm not prone to bad trips.

The few times I've tried pot it's had little to no effect, and alcohol simply causes me to become much more outgoing and amicable.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
there isn't anything that makes you have a good or bad trip, other than you. if you feel it coming on, stop, relax, and choose to have a good time. it really is that easy once you get it.

worse come to absolute worse, remid yourself that in a a little bit everything will be fine again. i hadn't eaten really, had a good ammount to drink, smoked, and my bloodsugar crashed. my friends freaked out, and i turned blue and almost passed out, but i knew that in 20 minutes i would feel fine, so while it sucked, there wasn't any reason to freak out.

you are in total control, honestly, so there's no reason for a bad trip

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Last time, I had no time. I felt completely isolated from everyone, I felt I my blood was boiling, tried walking but I couldn't control my body at all, it felt like my brain was the lousiest puppeteer. Than I thought I was going to die, went into some weird hallucination that I can vaguely remember and passed out for a minute, all that in 15 to 20 minutes. I got up all 'normal' after this.

I'll keep trying till it works -_-

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
what exactly are you using here? sounds too long to be salvia, and way to hallucination-y to be weed

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
well that's random for someone who, i'm assuming, doesn't smoke that often?

i'm gonna guess it is good quality, and you're smoking too much of it

edit: nobody would lace hash with pcp, would they? 'cuz that also sounds like when people unknowingly get laced weed, and have terrible trips

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Possibly.

I either get really awful bad trips or close to nothing at all so far - I just giggle a little more, mostly if it's with alcohol. That's why I found it strange, the effect is either negative or neutral.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know just how you feel man, I tried snorting coke once but the carbonation burnt the fuck out of my nostrils and the ice chips went through my nose and into my trachea and I thought I was going to die. I think I just did it all wrong, next time I will just try the diet coke, maybe it will be easier than the real thing, who knows.

Fuck, talk about a bad trip man.

redacted

Are they related ? I never reached a high in the few times I smoked, I always get nightmarish paranoid indescribable anguish and fear. So I am too afraid to even attempt stronger psychoactive drugs.

Any similar experiences or tips to avoid this stage ?

Not an INTP thing.

A trauma thing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never had a bad trip, just a few somewhat unpleasant experiences. I can't really relate to feeling any paranoia on weed, or even LSD/mushrooms. I actually have felt an odd comfort and super clear thinking on some of the stronger psychedelics.

I know an INxP who gets paranoid/depressed/sketchy on weed, and he would never try anything stronger. I think he has borderline personality disorder, and he's had some childhood trauma.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there isn't anything that makes you have a good or bad trip, other than you. if you feel it coming on, stop, relax, and choose to have a good time. it really is that easy once you get it.

worse come to absolute worse, remid yourself that in a a little bit everything will be fine again. i hadn't eaten really, had a good ammount to drink, smoked, and my bloodsugar crashed. my friends freaked out, and i turned blue and almost passed out, but i knew that in 20 minutes i would feel fine, so while it sucked, there wasn't any reason to freak out.

you are in total control, honestly, so there's no reason for a bad trip

haha...such optimists we are. :D

i don't partake in such things anymore but...i only had a bad trip just once...and it was only for a min...so i'm not sure if it counts...but my boyfriend at the time just drove off on his motorcycle and i just had this horrible vision of him crashing...and it felt way too real...that i believed it for a sec...but then i guess i did what aufs klo is talking about and just realized it wasn't real and laughed at what an intense weird thing that was.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
This isn't an INTP "thing", other than maybe we are more willing to try it. Hashish is extremely potent.... it's basically like condensed raw resin.

I know a guy who knows a guy who had only one bad weed trip, and that was the 3rd time ever: smoked a nugget/flower bud with his roomate after doing half a bottle of Jack. He started off with the belief that demons had permanently corrupted him via introducing weed into his body, and ended the night on the floor in the hallway thinking the drier was gonna off him. If you're an anxious person like he is(sounds like), you'll want to stay clear away from any powerful hallucinogen like LSD or PCP - there's a very real possibility you could end up paranoid schizophrenic from just one bad trip on such things.

However, Marijuana has reverse tolerance effects so you actually lose the paranoia and gain euphoria the more times you smoke, but it takes roughly 8-12 times for it to really work. After that, if you get paranoia you can easily identify it as such and then you start laughing at your own silly hypotheses and insecurities. It's fun! If you do hashish again (assuming that's what it is - real hashish is extremely rare in north america, i'd be highly scrutinous about purchasing any), try a smaller portion.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
also if you feel like you're gonna pass out, get some sugar in yourself and drink some water

be smart!

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't believe in bad trips, just powerful yet unexpected experiences, and I've had some lsd trips that I am sure many would consider to be "bad."

If you're jsut smoking pot, find a comfy place to sit and listen to some music.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I know an INxP who gets paranoid/depressed/sketchy on weed, and he would never try anything stronger. I think he has borderline personality disorder, and he's had some childhood trauma.

I have no childhood trauma, methinks. But my personality is pretty much 'disordered' I guess.

I quit this shiz for now.

wolfy

awsm
I always found tripping in nature with just friends was best.
People you don't know around you is a recipe for disaster.

I'm talking about LSD. Weed I could smoke anywhere.

Glad I stopped though. Weed made me (more) lazy.