User Tag List

First 123

Personality type giving you bad trips?

It's either too much MBTI or too much weed budy!

Might be the SP coming out in me but I always needed to do something when I was high.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

yo dude

I used to get crazy paranoid when I first started smoking, especially about people of any kind of authority like, hiding in places, waiting to jump out. I would think the police were hiding under beds and such. Looking back, it was really hilarious, but I can honestly say that weed does that maybe the first two or three times, mainly because it's vibrating neurons in your brain. The better the trip (and hash is a killer, especially for a first-timer) the more vibration of your intuition. So like... give your brain a few attempts to get used to that mind jacuzzi before writing it off, and if it still is crazy frightening, then fortunately there is not only not a violation of law for not using it, there's apparently a law not to! So you're in the green.

Bottom-line: I was once paranoid when high, and now instead get high and write messageboard posts.

MBTI
    INTP

I think bad trips may actually be more of an INTP thing, yes. We are more likely to get tortured by insane thoughts or revelations. An SP would be more likely to be focused on the external, which is probably much more controllable.

Oh and since when is smoking weed tripping? Cause it definitely isn't.

MBTI
    IsTP

The only bad experiences I've had (from my limited experiences) were with shrooms. Both occasions I started out level-headed but then as the night went on my friends started freaking out about inane things, which I apparently became very agitated with and gave up trying to calm them. I wandered into a different room and then started thinking somehow my boss at the time would get wind that I partook and I'd be fired. I must have died a thousand deaths that night.

On the other hand Salvia only gave me the everything is melting effect
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I think bad trips may actually be more of an INTP thing, yes. We are more likely to get tortured by insane thoughts or revelations. An SP would be more likely to be focused on the external, which is probably much more controllable.
    More likely than NFs?

Oh and since when is smoking weed tripping? Cause it definitely isn't.
    It is if you don't have a tolerance.... but it's still nothing like the intensity of heavier hallucinogens, I'll give you that.