User Tag List

First 123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Possibly.

I either get really awful bad trips or close to nothing at all so far - I just giggle a little more, mostly if it's with alcohol. That's why I found it strange, the effect is either negative or neutral.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I know just how you feel man, I tried snorting coke once but the carbonation burnt the fuck out of my nostrils and the ice chips went through my nose and into my trachea and I thought I was going to die. I think I just did it all wrong, next time I will just try the diet coke, maybe it will be easier than the real thing, who knows.

Fuck, talk about a bad trip man.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Are they related ? I never reached a high in the few times I smoked, I always get nightmarish paranoid indescribable anguish and fear. So I am too afraid to even attempt stronger psychoactive drugs.

Any similar experiences or tips to avoid this stage ?
    Not an INTP thing.

A trauma thing.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've never had a bad trip, just a few somewhat unpleasant experiences. I can't really relate to feeling any paranoia on weed, or even LSD/mushrooms. I actually have felt an odd comfort and super clear thinking on some of the stronger psychedelics.

I know an INxP who gets paranoid/depressed/sketchy on weed, and he would never try anything stronger. I think he has borderline personality disorder, and he's had some childhood trauma.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by aufs klo View Post
    there isn't anything that makes you have a good or bad trip, other than you. if you feel it coming on, stop, relax, and choose to have a good time. it really is that easy once you get it.

worse come to absolute worse, remid yourself that in a a little bit everything will be fine again. i hadn't eaten really, had a good ammount to drink, smoked, and my bloodsugar crashed. my friends freaked out, and i turned blue and almost passed out, but i knew that in 20 minutes i would feel fine, so while it sucked, there wasn't any reason to freak out.

you are in total control, honestly, so there's no reason for a bad trip
    haha...such optimists we are.

i don't partake in such things anymore but...i only had a bad trip just once...and it was only for a min...so i'm not sure if it counts...but my boyfriend at the time just drove off on his motorcycle and i just had this horrible vision of him crashing...and it felt way too real...that i believed it for a sec...but then i guess i did what aufs klo is talking about and just realized it wasn't real and laughed at what an intense weird thing that was.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

This isn't an INTP "thing", other than maybe we are more willing to try it. Hashish is extremely potent.... it's basically like condensed raw resin.

I know a guy who knows a guy who had only one bad weed trip, and that was the 3rd time ever: smoked a nugget/flower bud with his roomate after doing half a bottle of Jack. He started off with the belief that demons had permanently corrupted him via introducing weed into his body, and ended the night on the floor in the hallway thinking the drier was gonna off him. If you're an anxious person like he is(sounds like), you'll want to stay clear away from any powerful hallucinogen like LSD or PCP - there's a very real possibility you could end up paranoid schizophrenic from just one bad trip on such things.

However, Marijuana has reverse tolerance effects so you actually lose the paranoia and gain euphoria the more times you smoke, but it takes roughly 8-12 times for it to really work. After that, if you get paranoia you can easily identify it as such and then you start laughing at your own silly hypotheses and insecurities. It's fun! If you do hashish again (assuming that's what it is - real hashish is extremely rare in north america, i'd be highly scrutinous about purchasing any), try a smaller portion.

MBTI
    ENFP

also if you feel like you're gonna pass out, get some sugar in yourself and drink some water

be smart!
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't believe in bad trips, just powerful yet unexpected experiences, and I've had some lsd trips that I am sure many would consider to be "bad."

If you're jsut smoking pot, find a comfy place to sit and listen to some music.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

I know an INxP who gets paranoid/depressed/sketchy on weed, and he would never try anything stronger. I think he has borderline personality disorder, and he's had some childhood trauma.
    I have no childhood trauma, methinks. But my personality is pretty much 'disordered' I guess.

I quit this shiz for now.

I always found tripping in nature with just friends was best.
    People you don't know around you is a recipe for disaster.

I'm talking about LSD. Weed I could smoke anywhere.

Glad I stopped though. Weed made me (more) lazy.