User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTP

I see... I don't know as a very strong introvert I am nonetheless able to ponder several compossible inferences from the data. Is it easier as an extrovert to engage people in the topics you want?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    I see... I don't know as a very strong introvert I am nonetheless able to ponder several compossible inferences from the data.
    I did too, but I generally did it later, after the conversation had finished and I was thinking about it alone. I seldom thought of the right thing to say at the time - I did a lot more kicking of myself and thinking "If only I'd thought to say that at the time!" or suddenly getting what they meant, or realising I'd got them wrong, hours afterwards. I'm much more on the ball verbally, with people, these days, and often I'm the one doing the bamboozling, though usually not on purpose!

Is it easier as an extrovert to engage people in the topics you want?
    Yeah, much easier. I can see more easily how to put something, or what angle to come at them from; I can more easily index their level of communication and put things in a way they understand. I'm not as good at this as my brother though (ENFP) - I can make anyone understand anything, but he can make anyone love anything.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Then they're telling me about themselves, though they may not know it. Their words are the least important thing - my intuition's feasting on their every move and inflection.
    Yes, I sometimes thing of it as feasting on their mind and soul. But feasting on their mind and soul in the "good" way.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Yes, I sometimes thing of it as feasting on their mind and soul. But feasting on their mind and soul in the "good" way.
    Oh yeah, totally! People are great to me if only for that reason - I mean the amount of information I can get out of talking to any number of people for an hour is like... there's just so much there, about everything in the universe, I think I become a slightly richer person after each conversation, and yet it seems so many people just don't see most of the stuff I see, and I wonder how on earth they can miss it, or live without seeing this stuff... how can they function?

I did say 'slightly'
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I did too, but I generally did it later, after the conversation had finished and I was thinking about it alone. I seldom thought of the right thing to say at the time - I did a lot more kicking of myself and thinking "If only I'd thought to say that at the time!" or suddenly getting what they meant, or realising I'd got them wrong, hours afterwards. I'm much more on the ball verbally, with people, these days, and often I'm the one doing the bamboozling, though usually not on purpose!
    Yes, I understand this, I am constantly wishing I had had such verbal dexterity as to counter them effectively. One of the reasons I like the internet is that it affords me the chance to fully reflect before committing thoughts to the aether.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If an INTP finds you boring or has no interest in you, he won't even bother asking you questions. If he continues to ask you questions, he finds you interesting. And often an INTP without social confidence will discuss every impersonal topic under the sun, because he has no idea what else to do...
    Don't you ever pick people's brains just because you'r bored?
    It's my favourite party trick, if I get to sit next to a boring person at a dinner table - I pick their brains to see if I can dig out something interesting. I was once seated beside a farmer of whom I didn't have much in common with, after a bit of digging I found out that he grew rape on his fields and he spend the rest of the evening providing me with info about that. I got to fill my brain with something new and he found my interest flattering.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    infp

Yah I know an INTP who tries to call me on everything I do. Shes very smart, and I like her, but sometimes its like walking on a razor's edge when you talk to her because if you say one thing that doesn't neccasarily fit into everything else you say she'll call it on you, and it often feels negative, although I doubt its suppose to.

Default What do you want!?

My brother is an INTP. I've watched him for years as he pays extrodinary attention to various females. He will make one his "study buddy" or "lab partner" or partner on a research paper for work. Whether he realizes this or not, he is always attracted to and romantically interested in the females he chooses to spend time with. He has had a series of affairs, always with one of the women he has chosen to focus on "intellectually."

It does not matter if your INTP has a girlfriend. If he is spending time picking your brain, it's because he likes you. And given the right signals, he'll act on it...girlfriend or no girlfriend. So, the real question is, what do you want?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    A little help here please.
    What does it mean when an INTP picks your brain for what
    you think about just about every topic you can think of.
    What does it mean when you can talk about everything except
    each other.
    Tell him if he annoys you.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Tell him if he annoys you.
    He doesn't annoy me he puzzles me.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.