User Tag List

First 123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I dont think that it means that an INTP likes you if he is picking your mind apart...there are several women that I've done this to simply because this was what I enjoyed doing and this was a way for me to keep our conversations going..and I wanted that because I found them highly intuitive and able to teach me something..especially about Imagination and emotional intelligence first and foremost..(most of them were NFs)....

Then of course..they put too much F into it all and that got me in trouble..my Fe took a bad beating and some were naive enough to assume that I liked them..I sure had a hell of a difficult time talking my way out of this...
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I dont think that it means that an INTP likes you if he is picking your mind apart...there are several women that I've done this to simply because this was what I enjoyed doing and this was a way for me to keep our conversations going..and I wanted that because I found them highly intuitive and able to teach me something..especially about Imagination and emotional intelligence first and foremost..(most of them were NFs)....

Then of course..they put too much F into it all and that got me in trouble..my Fe took a bad beating and some were naive enough to assume that I liked them..I sure had a hell of a difficult time talking my way out of this...

I think BW might just be right. Doesn't mean it's fair to do this to someone but I think he's right.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Its only as unfair as forcing an NT to be more emotionally invested than he can handle..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    sigh....
    It's hard to be loved, isn't it?

I don't know. BW might be right. He might be wrong. I think you have gotten the best guesses that you will get from people here, without us observing this person with you. (There is a range of plausible possibilities, depending on the situation and the specifics of this man...)

Anyway -- I reread this thread and did not see an answer to the question, "Why does it matter?"

Do you like him?

Or are you afraid that he might like you, and you do not want to be the cause of some break-up with the person he is already committed to?

Aside from those two things, it seems like just a relationship you could enjoy as friends... regardless of what HE is thinking or feeling (for all intents and purposes), if he is never going to bother to tell you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

Its only as unfair as forcing an NT to be more emotionally invested than he can handle..
    Not trying to force an emotional investment. If I want unemotional intellectual conversation I'll come here and talk to you all. I've even told him about this site. Let him talk to you guys...or better yet INTPc

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's hard to be loved, isn't it?

I don't know. BW might be right. He might be wrong. I think you have gotten the best guesses that you will get from people here, without us observing this person with you. (There is a range of plausible possibilities, depending on the situation and the specifics of this man...)

Anyway -- I reread this thread and did not see an answer to the question, "Why does it matter?"

Do you like him?

I suppose I don't really know nor do I want to find out (which is why I can't risk talking to im to much) History to much to discuss.

Or are you afraid that he might like you, and you do not want to be the cause of some break-up with the person he is already committed to?

No I honestly don't think he likes me

Aside from those two things, it seems like just a relationship you could enjoy as friends... regardless of what HE is thinking or feeling (for all intents and purposes), if he is never going to bother to tell you.

I thought I'd like to try but I think I won't be able to.

sigh. thank everyone.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTJ

I was going to suggest "he likes you", too. He'd like to be a friend. While not an INTP, I can tell you that if I express interest in someone, continued interest, then it is because I find their input valuable and I'd like to hear more.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP

Doesn't mean it's fair to do this to someone but I think he's right.
    Why is it not fair? Surely it is flattering that he is taking an interest in your thought and experiences?

MBTI
    ENTP

A little help here please.
    What does it mean when an INTP picks your brain for what
    you think about just about every topic you can think of.
    What does it mean when you can talk about everything except
    each other.
    To an NT, their knowledge and thought is them, and it's easy to assume others think the same way. When I probe people as to their opinions, what I think I'm doing is talking about them, and giving them my thoughts and my knowledge is telling them about myself. When they ask me questions about feeling type stuff, I sorta blink and wonder why the hell anyone would want to know that!? I also don't know what to answer most of the time, because I'm not sure what 'level' of answer they want. I hate talking about my problems to empathic types, because they start getting all down on my behalf, even though I'm actually quite okay about things and managing and then I worry about how they've got upset, when it's actually me with the problem. I wonder why they want to know those personal things, I really do - what value they have to them?

When talking to Feelers, a lot of the time I feel as though every question is as nebulous as the infamous "How are you?" - that question that could be asking everything, but equally nothing; it could want a full answer, it might not care at all. It's very easy for me to get it wrong, to mis-judge what kind of answer people want to that question. So to avoid the risk of being a bore, or of whining, or generally making the conversation turn out to be all about me (which I hate), I just answer the safe "fine thanks", regardless of the truth , and then think of some cool thing to start a conversation about, like "I saw this film the other day, where this guy..." And see how they respond. Then they're telling me about themselves, though they may not know it. Their words are the least important thing - my intuition's feasting on their every move and inflection.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

That is the best description of the MT mindset I have seen yet. As an extrovert, does it change the nature of such interactions with people?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    That is the best description of the MT mindset I have seen yet. As an extrovert, does it change the nature of such interactions with people?
    Not sure... years ago when I behaved in a more introverted way, I guess I was using the info they gave me to judge them - not necessarily in a judgemental way, but just in a sort of summing them up kind of way. Like they'd say something and I'd think 'aha!' a lot, like I'd pegged them. Difficult to describe, but I think I was looking for something specific - as though I started out with a theory and I was looking for things that proved it.

But as time's gone by and I've become pretty extraverted, I tend to take the info and just sorta 'suppose' about it, imagine different things it might imply, or think of further questions to ask them in order to reduce the variables, or to increase the flow of information while I mentally try and match it with other stuff or find patterns that I've seen before, then fine-tune them for that individual as time goes on, if you get my meaning?

I suppose that'd be quite analogous to the idea of one having a judging function as dominant, and the other a perceiving one... maybe.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen