User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I do feel misunderstood at times, but I don't think you can ever completely understand someone, and I am not sure if you can ever completely understand yourself, regardless of how introspective you are.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENTP

everyone feels misunderstood. some people really are, but because most people are better understood than they think, it means the ones who really are misunderstood get the rolled eyes treatment when they say it...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    everyone feels misunderstood. some people really are, but because most people are better understood than they think, it means the ones who really are misunderstood get the rolled eyes treatment when they say it...
    Not untrue!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think I want to be understood any more. I mean, I don't deliberately want to be misunderstood, but I just don't think being understood is as important to me as it has been in the past, nor not being, as upsetting. I guess I've learned it's possible to still value and care about a person without understanding them completely. You don't need to know all the inner workings of a person's mind to get a general pattern of their MO and decide whether you dig it or not. Bearing which in mind, I don't feel like I need people to completely like, grok with me, to feel secure in being cared about and loved.

I figure, if I ever felt like I totally understood someone, there'd be nothing left to do, would there? I mean, how would they maintain my interest? It's those unanswered questions and curious inconsistencies that keep me interested in other people... the unturned stones and wondering what'll be underneath them...

Plus, simply understanding someone doesn't mean I necessarily agree or sympathise with them. People often assume that if someone gets where they're coming from, they'll agree.

Oh plus, I'm yet to meet the person whose sentences I can't complete within a day or two of knowing them... yet they still say nobody gets them, even though I know I totally do. I think for a lotta people, their criteria for judging whether a person gets them or not need considerable revision...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

I do feel as though most people really do not understand how I function, how I process information and how I make decisions. Although as others have mentioned I don't have a desire for all people to understand how I work. Keeping a barrier between myself and others casts me in an enigmatic light. And frankly I enjoy not really being understood and remaining a bit distant, except to a select few.

It is annoying when people make conjecture about me when they only see what I project onto them. It's especially for the F dominant people or those who can't really grasp abstract thought. And those who do not understand introverted people. Part of me wants to strike them down in a fit a logical furry but part of me knows that one will never convince an idiot of their own idiocy, as though it was part of the definition of being an idiot.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Only in some areas of my personal life, and in some specific situations. Most of the time, it's okay.

MBTI
    INTP

I feel misunderstood a lot. One thing I've realized about myself, though, is that I often don't reach out to people in a way that they could start to understand me. I just gravitate toward those that naturally "get" me (and those who I naturally get), and don't put a lot of effort in with the rest. So it's my own fault, much of the time.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I feel misunderstood a lot. One thing I've realized about myself, though, is that I often don't reach out to people in a way that they could start to understand me. I just gravitate toward those that naturally "get" me (and those who I naturally get), and don't put a lot of effort in with the rest. So it's my own fault, much of the time.
    But why do you have to accommodate people? At least in my case, I just wish people would not make assumptions about myself based upon an interpenetration centered around them. I realize that people do not function that way and give them the space to do as they do, why can't others do the same for us? It's really quite simple.

MBTI
    INxJ

I know I am misunderstood, but I do not care.

MBTI
    ENFJ

If people are misunderstanding me too badly, then they are probably below my notice.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge