User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTJ Comes Out!

Default ENTJ Comes Out!

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum. I have been reading around the posts and decided to share my experience.

I would start by saying that I just recently came around my personality as a ENTJ. I has been depressed for as long as I remember, I was reading that stressed/depressed ENTJ can be destructive and overwhelmed by their feelings and they can be confused by another type of personality (sorry, cannot remember which one).

I always felt like I am in a mission. My outlook in life has been to win the battle and stay strong, somehow, protect the weak.

Most of the time, my mind does not shut up lol. I have a lot of difficulty focusing/concentrating or quietening my mind (even when I sleep). I am very curious about knowing stuffs, highly organized in my own ways. My life experiences are always educational.

I always treated people politely and fairly but people are always intimidate or act defensive in my present. It never made sense to me. I have a very baby like face, who could be scared by that. When I tune myself down, people accuse me of being afraid of them lol. I would really love to know how to reach a better balance in this area.

However, I tend to get bored really fast and sometimes impatient with certain people. I tend to keep my relationships really shallow, although I am not very sure why I do that.

Here is the weird part: I tend to be very superficial, obsessed with my physical appearance as well as others. I am physically attractive and feminine and love to show off my feminintey. I workout alot to stay in shape and would prefer to loss my mind over my beauty.

That all seem a lot for one post. I would love to hear other comments.

Sarah

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Welcome, Sarah! Always nice to see new ENTJ's on here.

You don't sound like the asshole-kind of ENTJ, you seem to have some kind of moral guidelines. Keep up the good work.

/le Jess

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

garbage

A lot of what you say resonates with me, too. My life also feels like a mission overall (or at least many, many small ones), everything is a learning experience to me, and I try to be productive in whatever it is that I do. Mental focus and quiet is pretty difficult.

I have very few close friends--they're linked by family at that--but probably over a hundred acquaintances that I visit with on a regular basis.

Regarding your depression, perhaps you're talking about the "shadow type." Following is a decent enough explanation (from here):

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the ENTJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ISFP. Example characteristics are:

* withdrawing and wanting to be alone
    * having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
    * being very sensitive to criticism
    * acting very impulsively, doing things to excess
    I never thought about one's shadow type being active for an extended period of time.. but I guess those characteristics could have described me during my depression as well. I certainly withdrew from people, took criticism personally, and bottled up my anger and other negative emotions..

Anyway, welcome!

MBTI
    ENFj

Hey Sarah! Nice to see new memebers here. My best friend happens to be an ENTJ as well and he is a little superficial and is always on the what is popular side of things. I wont say that, that is extreme or overly shallow of him but I do notice it. May be your age has something to do with it, how old are?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

^ Seconded.

Edit: wtf... You people are too fast at writing shit.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

You remind me a lot of my ENTJ friend. And her name is Sarah too, lol.
    Anyway, welcome.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Y HELLO THAR

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

meh, attractive is good, I so agree.

I do the shallow relationships thingie too, can't explain it either (without refering to Freud that is)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes when i'm all alone i like to see if there's any pancake mix and douse the fireplace with generous amounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.