• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Comes Out!

ENTJ-girl

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum. I have been reading around the posts and decided to share my experience.

I would start by saying that I just recently came around my personality as a ENTJ. I has been depressed for as long as I remember, I was reading that stressed/depressed ENTJ can be destructive and overwhelmed by their feelings and they can be confused by another type of personality (sorry, cannot remember which one).

I always felt like I am in a mission. My outlook in life has been to win the battle and stay strong, somehow, protect the weak.

Most of the time, my mind does not shut up lol. I have a lot of difficulty focusing/concentrating or quietening my mind (even when I sleep). I am very curious about knowing stuffs, highly organized in my own ways. My life experiences are always educational.

I always treated people politely and fairly but people are always intimidate or act defensive in my present. It never made sense to me. I have a very baby like face, who could be scared by that. When I tune myself down, people accuse me of being “afraid” of them lol. I would really love to know how to reach a better balance in this area.

However, I tend to get bored really fast and sometimes impatient with certain people. I tend to keep my relationships really shallow, although I am not very sure why I do that.

Here is the weird part: I tend to be very superficial, obsessed with my physical appearance as well as others. I am physically attractive and feminine and love to show off my feminintey. I workout alot to stay in shape and would prefer to loss my mind over my beauty.

That all seem a lot for one post. I would love to hear other comments.

Sarah

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome, Sarah! Always nice to see new ENTJ's on here.

You don't sound like the asshole-kind of ENTJ, you seem to have some kind of moral guidelines. Keep up the good work.

/le Jesús

G

garbage

A lot of what you say resonates with me, too. My life also feels like a mission overall (or at least many, many small ones), everything is a learning experience to me, and I try to be productive in whatever it is that I do. Mental focus and quiet is pretty difficult.

I have very few close friends--they're linked by family at that--but probably over a hundred acquaintances that I visit with on a regular basis.

Regarding your depression, perhaps you're talking about the "shadow type." Following is a decent enough explanation (from here):

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the ENTJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ISFP. Example characteristics are:

* withdrawing and wanting to be alone
* having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
* being very sensitive to criticism
* acting very impulsively, doing things to excess

I never thought about one's shadow type being active for an extended period of time.. but I guess those characteristics could have described me during my depression as well. I certainly withdrew from people, took criticism personally, and bottled up my anger and other negative emotions..

Anyway, welcome! :hi:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Hey Sarah! Nice to see new memebers here. My best friend happens to be an ENTJ as well and he is a little superficial and is always on the what is popular side of things. I wont say that, that is extreme or overly shallow of him but I do notice it. May be your age has something to do with it, how old are?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Seconded.

Edit: wtf... You people are too fast at writing shit.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
You remind me a lot of my ENTJ friend. And her name is Sarah too, lol.
Anyway, welcome.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
meh, attractive is good, I so agree.

I do the shallow relationships thingie too, can't explain it either (without refering to Freud that is)

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes when i'm all alone i like to see if there's any pancake mix and douse the fireplace with generous amounts.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh and then i do triple axles all day on my couch while reciting Chaucer backwards and in Polish.

ENTJ-girl

Hi,

Thanks, yes, I was talking about the shadow type.

As a child, I was a control freak and very talkative. At puberty, it all diminished, I was very detached from the world. When I started working (I'm 27 now), my nature was coming back again. I was becoming very obsessed with controlling my life, work and people. My self-confident reached the roof. It did not workout, felt like shit but came in term of accepting my own self.

I tend to be very passionated. I am sometimes drama queen and always misunderstood. One thing I am sure of is that I am very very moody. When I'm in the mood, I can be totally charming, attractive, people-person who everyone adores and can make someone fall in love with me instantly. These moods helped develop my social skills alot. However, there are other unpleasant moods such as "don't fuck with me/leave me alone".

BTW, I am enjoying reading posts about other ENTJ. But, in day-to-day life, I cannot stand them lol.

A lot of what you say resonates with me, too. My life also feels like a mission overall (or at least many, many small ones), everything is a learning experience to me, and I try to be productive in whatever it is that I do. Mental focus and quiet is pretty difficult.

I have very few close friends--they're linked by family at that--but probably over a hundred acquaintances that I visit with on a regular basis.

Regarding your depression, perhaps you're talking about the "shadow type." Following is a decent enough explanation (from here):

I never thought about one's shadow type being active for an extended period of time.. but I guess those characteristics could have described me during my depression as well. I certainly withdrew from people, took criticism personally, and bottled up my anger and other negative emotions..

Anyway, welcome! :hi:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yay! Welcome! Can we fight now? I don't know how much of a chance I stand with an ENTJ but people like watching massacres don't they? Why not give the people what they want for Christmas? *hides behind Ivy*

MBTI Type
INxJ
All of the ENTJs I know irl, are also physically superficial. It's neither good or bad. I wouldn't sweat it.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Uhm, so what kind of "mission" are you on, now?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All of the ENTJs I know irl, are also physically superficial. It's neither good or bad. I wouldn't sweat it.

That's been my experience with the type as well. My best friend is an ENTJ, and she's obsessed with appearance, and aging. I think it has a lot to do with power - she wants her interface with the world to be as potent as possible. She also goes to great lengths to tell everyone how pretty she thinks I am, which is funny, like she's trying to establish dominance for me as well. lol