User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 149

Thread: INTJ humor

  1. #41
    Junior Member chelsea_june's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Love INTJ humor myself, so dry and sarcastic, most of the time. The interaction between Edgar and 01011010 is a great example. The jokes I personally tend to enjoy less are the ones you make about sensitive topics.
    I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.


    everything in moderation - aristotle : simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - da vinci : what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - ralph waldo emerson : the more extensive a man's knowledge of what has been done, the greater will be his power of knowing what to do - benjamin disraeli : what we do now will echo throughout all eternity - gladiator


  2. #42
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_june View Post
    I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.
    Yes.....its too funny. My friend is very comfortable with poking fun at his flaws, even if he doesn't feel the greatest about them.
    I N V I C T U S

  3. #43
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Edgar, I noticed that you have a funny avatar.

  4. #44
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Edgar, I noticed that you have a funny avatar.
    I don't know what you're talking about.

    My avatar is srs biznes.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Snoopy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I tend to mix sarcasim with a little bit of truth along with not using smiley faces. So I have no ideal if INTJs are even catching onto my jokes. With age, all life becomes a joke, God must have a sense of humor.

  6. #46
    Junior Member EmilyEccentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ
    Posts
    22

    Default

    My sense of humor is often very morbid and strange, which my ENTP little brother often engages in and scares the shit out of my ISFJ older brother.

  7. #47
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.

  8. #48
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.
    True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

    This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.
    Something Witty

  9. #49
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

    This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.
    Definitely. I'd like to hear the INTJ defense of this though.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    366

    Default

    The fact that there's nothing more to it is what makes it funny.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] Fun and humorous INTJs?
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ humor?
    By RenaiReborn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 04:32 AM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO