User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTJ humor

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Love INTJ humor myself, so dry and sarcastic, most of the time. The interaction between Edgar and 01011010 is a great example. The jokes I personally tend to enjoy less are the ones you make about sensitive topics.
    I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.

everything in moderation - aristotle : simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - da vinci : what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - ralph waldo emerson : the more extensive a man's knowledge of what has been done, the greater will be his power of knowing what to do - benjamin disraeli : what we do now will echo throughout all eternity - gladiator

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_june View Post
    I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.
    Yes.....its too funny. My friend is very comfortable with poking fun at his flaws, even if he doesn't feel the greatest about them.
    I N V I C T U S

deleted

Edgar, I noticed that you have a funny avatar.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Edgar, I noticed that you have a funny avatar.
    I don't know what you're talking about.

My avatar is srs biznes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

I tend to mix sarcasim with a little bit of truth along with not using smiley faces. So I have no ideal if INTJs are even catching onto my jokes. With age, all life becomes a joke, God must have a sense of humor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

My sense of humor is often very morbid and strange, which my ENTP little brother often engages in and scares the shit out of my ISFJ older brother.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.
    True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.
    Something Witty

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.
    Definitely. I'd like to hear the INTJ defense of this though.

The fact that there's nothing more to it is what makes it funny.