User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

This accurately sums up my feelings about how the ENTP / INFJ complement one another. The INFJ is stable and calm, the ENTP is active and chaotic. Together they CAN work well, though I think it is mostly incumbent on the ENTP to let themselves accept love.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I love interacting with INFJ's as they really seem to understand me (more so than any other type); and, balance me out. As far as accepting love, I think you are right on point. Some ENTP's may just do it sooner than others, and maybe for most it happens around midlife; possibly serving as the impetus for the "crisis."
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has."
    -Marget Mead

"I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
    -Thomas Paine

MBTI
    ENTP

I think they just have this ability to hold you with their clarity of emotion. It can be very calming.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

I think they articulate emotion well (healthy INFJ's at least), identify emotional problem areas, and in a very disarming way, can get us to open up emotionally (a next-to-impossible feat when dealing with me). But yes, it is very calming.
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has."
    -Marget Mead

"I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
    -Thomas Paine

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ENTP2L View Post
    I think they articulate emotion well (healthy INFJ's at least), identify emotional problem areas, and in a very disarming way, can get us to open up emotionally (a next-to-impossible feat when dealing with me). But yes, it is very calming.
    It is ironic because I think an ENTP can perform the same function for an INFJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

It is ironic because I think an ENTP can perform the same function for an INFJ.
    Probably, but I think that "same fuction" is procedurally quite different. Not to mention that INFJ's seem to have the uncanny ability to actually "feel" what we are feeling. I intellectualize my own feelings before I can understand them let alone someone elses. On the other hand, however, maybe it's our ability to quickly identify and understand the cause of emotional responses; and, our ability to ask the right questions, which could be seen as performing this "same function." I suppose only an INFJ could really answer that question. Moreover, I don't think I've ever had a "calming" affect on anyone.
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

-Thomas Jefferson

-Marget Mead

-Thomas Paine

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ENTP2L View Post
    Probably, but I think that "same fuction" is procedurally quite different. Not to mention that INFJ's seem to have the uncanny ability to actually "feel" what we are feeling. I intellectualize my own feelings before I can understand them let alone someone elses. On the other hand, however, maybe it's our ability to quickly identify and understand the cause of emotional responses; and, our ability to ask the right questions, which could be seen as performing this "same function." I suppose only an INFJ could really answer that question. Moreover, I don't think I've ever had a "calming" affect on anyone.
    Maybe a clarifying effect? Cutting to the chase?

Incidentally, I would like to bend your ear some time about the legal profession if you are amenable.

MBTI
    ENTP

Maybe a clarifying effect? Cutting to the chase?
    Ahhh, yes. No question there.

Incidentally, I would like to bend your ear some time about the legal profession if you are amenable.
    Of course. It would be my pleasure.
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

-Thomas Jefferson

-Marget Mead

-Thomas Paine

MBTI
    ISFJ

Midlife crisis are a myth. No one really knows when they are going to die. Unless they top themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

No, it's absolutely true ENTP is a stabilizing influence.

I've tried several times to give reasons and I wind up feeling too shy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    No, it's absolutely true ENTP is a stabilizing influence.

I've tried several times to give reasons and I wind up feeling too shy.
    Well, that's okay. But just remember we value your personal experience. It helps us!