• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Mulder & Scully: A ? from the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can someone identify these types for me? They both seem to be NT's, and Mulder is surely a P I think, but I'm not sure if Dana is a P or a J. In one episode I've seen, Fox is shown to have an Ne vision and in another episode, Scully has an Ni vision. I've seen 24 episodes and these are the only two visions I've seen.

SO, for anyone familiar with the X-Files, are these characters consistent enough to be typed? They both have amazing retention of factoids that they have picked up and very round knowledge, as well as amazing problem solving and analytical skills.

I'm thinking that Mulder is definitely an xNTP, I want to put my money on ENTP because of the way he is out dealing with the world and its circumstances and his strong Ne always pulling him toward understanding what may be possible. His Ti is also very strong though, so it is hard for me to decide.

Scully is the ultimate skeptic- breaking down Mulder's left field-theories and demanding logical explanations for the paranormal. She is a coroner and spends virtually all of her time alone in analysis. ßhe looks a lot like an INTP to me.

It's hard to type fictional characters because they may be inconsistent, but I find both of these characters to be very consistent and well-developed, so I think those of us with a better understanding of MBTI could come to consensus.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
There is actually a thread already about them. Here, maybe this helps you:
CLICK =)

Status
Not open for further replies.