• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Do you know jealousy?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, I'm an entp, so is my best mate.
and the thing is I just, don't get jealous AT ALL. It's like the feeling is not wired into my brain. Seems like it's the same for the forementioned mate.

I never feel any particular frustration towards a quality for example somebody has.

here, my 2 cents.

Ur input ?

add: Do you hold gruges?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You're talking about envy. Jealousy is a feeling that may happen when your ownership of something (a relationship with someone, a job..) is being threatened by another.

Wikipedia defines envy, which you seem to be talking about, as "occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm an entp, so is my best mate.
and the thing is I just, don't get jealous AT ALL. It's like the feeling is not wired into my brain. Seems like it's the same for the forementioned mate.

I never feel any particular frustration towards a quality for example somebody has.

here, my 2 cents.

Ur input ?

add: Do you hold gruges?

Nope. I dont even have a gruge. But if I did have one, I certainly wouldn't hold it.

At least not when people are looking.

*Snarcy moment over*

Sometimes I find myself envious of other people when they have things I wish I had, such as a nice car. But I am never envious of someone elses ability. If I recognise it at all, I only feel admiration.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Right, we're fine, the other emos are just wierdos.
(intense feeling of righteousness) :p

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There are times when I feel quite envious, and unfortunately I do hold grudges. I try not to, but it seems like my emotions have a mind of their own at times.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I don't think I envy anyone. And I don't hold grudges either. I'm kind of oblivious to other people's unpleasantness most of the time. Sometimes it smacks me in the mouth, but I get over it pretty quickly.
And I really don't believe there is anything I want that I can't have, if I apply myself.

I guess I just don't care enough.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Nope. No envy or grudges. I have never understood the energy it takes to continue to hate someone.

I have had jealousy before though. But I think it had more to do with the situation than anything (because I haven't been jealous since with anyone else). I had a girlfriend for a few years in highschool that was dating another guy.:doh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't understand how someone could harbor real feelings of resentment against someone just because of their accomplishments/qualities.

Seems like a waste of energy. Maybe it motivates some people, but I can see it holding others back as well.

I don't hold grudges, and I see being able to rise above that sort of thing as a very positive quality.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah exactly, it's such a waste of time and energy, I dont get it.
Doesn't make sense, it's like 'hey I dont like that guy, well, I'll turn this pleasant saturday morning into a hell by thinking about it in an obsessive way for the next 3 weeks' YAY!

This to me is borderline stupid. Or maybe we're all buddhists, who knows

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I am well acquainted with jealousy.
Yeah, I feel like I need an NFs to explain those things to me.

Can't you guys just disconnect those things ? (and chill by having a coke and a smoke)

ps: my bad about the envy, jealousy confusion. I'm not totally illiterate but anyway it wasnt like I did have a precise idea of a particular feeling, more like a general enjoy\jealousy\gruge vibe.

Last time i felt something similar was over 4 years ago in one of those 'particular situations', and I did mature alot in the ways of the buddha since then so I doubt it's likely to happen again.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Mmm... well it's only very intimate relationships that can evoke jealousy in me. It's painful.

It sounds like you're more interested in envy. It's an interesting topic...

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mmm... well it's only very intimate relationships that can evoke jealousy in me. It's painful.

It sounds like you're more interested in envy. It's an interesting topic...

Dunno, both seems like fun, but envy is a more common thing, yet as said before, i do not experience it. Not like I'm making a big deal out of it, but I doubt it's as simple as the usual 'entps are full of themselves' (yet it is so true).
it seems like it could be related to that whole "I dont care about morals\social norms" I have going on.

But hey, havent slept for a 2 days, might be a little bit out of my league for now on. Right now i'm doing my best NOT to do that very important and urgent work.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we had this discussion recently and my feelings were the same as yours...but it occured to me that if i had romantic interest in someone but couldn't date them for whatever reason then i do believe i would feel jealous if i had to witness some flirting between him and someone else...but it's very rarely been an issue because i've usually dated who i wanted...but as far as other jealousy or envy no...never...i'm happy and excited for other peoples good fortune.

and...even in a relationship...if someone provoked jealous feelings in me i would probably take that to mean they didn't value the relationship as much as i did and decide it was better to find out now rather then later and leave them....although...i've always been made to feel secure in relationships so that's never happened.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Jealousy is one of the most foreign feeling states to me. But since I've had "grandma fever" I am becoming familiar with what that gnawing envy feels like. It's a pretty ugly sensation, I think.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
These types of threads about the negative spectrum of human emotion always surprise me. They tend to be started by someone who can't understand why people experience negative XYZ emotion as if it's unnatural or foreign and echoed by others who claim not to have felt these emotions either or have limited experience. Maybe it's me; I'm always telling myself and others it's OK to experience their emotions, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm a more envious person than jealous, although what I envy about others is typically not material. For those of you who aren't acquainted with jealousy and envy is this some type of unawareness of your own feeling states, restricted emotional palette, or maybe you all have reached some state of Zen or Tao? When I encounter people who say they don't feel certain things I find they manifest a certain impatience with the emotions of other because they haven't or don't know what it is to feel a certain thing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These types of threads about the negative spectrum of human emotion always surprise me. They tend to be started by someone who can't understand why people experience negative XYZ emotion as if it's unnatural or foreign and echoed by others who claim not to have felt these emotions either or have limited experience. Maybe it's me; I'm always telling myself and others it's OK to experience their emotions, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm a more envious person than jealous, although what I envy about others is typically not material. For those of you who aren't acquainted with jealousy and envy is this some type of unawareness of your own feeling states, restricted emotional palette, or maybe you all have reached some state of Zen or Tao? When I encounter people who say they don't feel certain things I find they manifest a certain impatience with the emotions of other because they haven't or don't know what it is to feel a certain thing.

i realize they are pretty common emotions but i don't relate to them that much because i value the individual so much...i think everyone has the right to be them and they alone are responsible for the good and bad things in their life and i have no inclination to compare or judge.

but like i said above...if i liked someone but couldn't date them i would be jealous of someone who wanted to and could...i think...so in that way i totally get it...but...if i thought that person didn't want to date me...then those feelings would go away...and i think that just has to do with self respect....at least for me.

i don't know the thought processes of others who have these emotions and am in no way judging them for it....just so i'm clear.

The Pascuzzi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1bw
the only time envy, jealousy, or whatever has been an issue for me is during romantic pursuits. i guess it's because of that infamous INTJ Fi. if you try to take away something from me that's part of my inner vision, you're going to hit me in my one weak spot. given that you succeed, the only thing that's left for me to do is to reconstruct my inner vision, which is equivalent to admitting error and/or defeat.

but then again, that's rarely an issue. i only remember feeling clearly jealous or envious maybe once or twice in life.