User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ oh just to clarify...i'm not mad. i was throwin a bit of attitude because disregard kinda said the people who said they didn't were full of it...and i gotta defend peoples rights to feel however they feel...it's just an incredibly annoying habit i have...i don't personally care one way or another.
    hug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yeah it's alright we understand, one can see something he wants neutraly without puting any emotion into it.
    I kind of do that, things are just elements I connect with concepts and so on, but why obsess about it. It serves no purpose what so ever.

But I do get not everybody thinks like me, so I'm not saying it's wrong.
    For example I am utterly unable to keep an ordered room\desk, to study for that exam, that's now in 5hours (maths).
    But it's all part of who I am, and i'm sure a more orderly mind couldn't come up with new ideas and so on all the time , "in the purest entp fashion."
    I don't think it's wrong either. But it's one of the "qualities" I'm most proud in myself, I must say

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Alright, let's just group hug and make out together. This 'd settle the question once and for all!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I don't think it's wrong either. But it's one of the "qualities" I'm most proud in myself, I must say
    I can only agree on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    Ur so much like an entp, only, with a heart
    I'm tempted to poke into ur brain to see how it all works ?

aw, let's be buddies!

garbage

Wow.. I'm glad for the Feelers' perspective on this thread!

Me? I do get envious on occasion, just like I sometimes get angry or sad. Like any negative emotion, I accept it, let it pass, try to figure out what it signaled, and move to correct it.

In the case of envy, it might mean that I desire to acquire a skill that someone else has. I then let the emotion go, then I try to accept or resolve the situation. I'll ask the person for pointers, do research, practice, and so on. The emotion itself doesn't last for very long (less than a minute, tops), but it signaled yet another drive in me.

To me, emotions are just that.. signals. Just like physical pain is a signal. Some people might feel certain emotions strongly, some people not at all. Although, my ENFJ friend keeps telling me to stop suppressing emotions.. ones that I don't actually feel..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I can only agree on my side.

Ur so much like an entp, only, with a heart
    I'm tempted to poke into ur brain to see how it all works ?

aw, let's be buddies!
    haha...that's funny...and yeah...i think so too! really similar! it seems.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Seems like a waste of energy. Maybe it motivates some people, but I can see it holding others back as well.
    You're right, I think. Envy and jealousy can be largely debilatating when a person focuses on what he or she lacks so much that s/he falls into self-pity.

I often compare myself to others, which often leads to long bouts of feelings of worthlessness and shame. So, in a sense, I feel jealousy because that other person's success is a direct assailant on my own self-worth. At that point, I begin to envy specific attributes of a person (looks, certain personality traits, etc.)

I guess these feelings largely stem from a desire to be as important desirable, accepted by other (extraverted feeling, perhaps.) In my opinion, as long someone makes the decision to take practical steps to achieving what s/he thinks is missing, envy and jealousy can be dealt with without letting them take too much toll on a person's self-esteem.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    HUMM

<strikethrough>Jealousy/envy was probably one of the earliest strong emotions I had as a child.

My parents used manipulative preferential treatment of a sibling (and none too subtly either. I remember my Dad saying things like 'Now I don't love you. I'll love (insert name of random kid friend)', and I would be mutely outraged because I didn't know how to put anything in words) as punishment.

Plus I always had difficulty tattling on my brother (I would sometimes take the fall for him because I could imagine hating being in his shoes), while he hardly resisted a chance.

Now I still get jealous as a reflex when I feel overlooked or ignored, but I normally get over it by exerting some Te, and feeling some Fi inner happiness.

More insidiously, I have a very intense feeling of guilt whenever I've been joking around with a male friend or something, and move away, and then realise this INTJ I have a thing with was near. I don't know if it's because I'm hyper-vigilant about inciting jealousy, or that I sub-consciously try to induce jealousy, and then feel guilty about my motives. I don't know if joking around with someone else normally causes jealousy but I don't seem to have that relaxed mutual entertaining thing going on with the INTJ (with us it's more like mutual snarky comments), so yeah.</strikethrough>

*oops, now i realise this is in the NT rationale.
    and i'm not an NT.shall take it out and post it on the other page i was looking at.
    ain't over till it's over.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I would think it's healthier to admit to jealousy and be comfortable with experiencing that emotion on occasion than to suppress the acknowledgment of our jealousy and to force a self-assured smile like everyone else and say "I'm not ever a jealous person in my romantic relationships, because I'm above that."

Take that Dr. Phil shit elsewhere.