User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I'm never envious of someone, though I do tend to get annoyed if someone beats me in everything. I just like to win.

I occasionally held grudges when I was a kid, but grew out of it quickly.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I don't get jealous unless I'm off balance. And then I hate the fact that I feel jealousy. It's uncomfortable, and not the way I normally operate. So I try to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

When I encounter people who say they don't feel certain things I find they manifest a certain impatience with the emotions of other because they haven't or don't know what it is to feel a certain thing.
    And then they get all emotional on you all the while insisting that they aren't feeling impatient! Hah.

Some of think they are telling the truth for one of several reasons:

They are emotionally retarded and don't know a feeling when it hits them.

Edit: That sentence sounds cruel. I reword it - They are developmentally delayed in learning about their emotions. There! Politically correct. Heh.

They have some kind of brain damage.

They suffer from a psychological/emotional illness, unawares.

The rest of them are so emotionally damaged by some disabling experience that they lie to save themselves further emotional pain.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I don't get jealous unless I'm off balance. And then I hate the fact that I feel jealousy. It's uncomfortable, and not the way I normally operate. So I try to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
    Sincere question, Lady Jaye. I'm new to dealing with this green-eyed monster. How do you deal with it when it hits you?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

I can be envious of a quality someone has, or an opportunity they've been given that I haven't. I am able to recognize it as pointless and fruitless, but it doesn't mean I don't feel a pang of it.

Generally, though, I would turn it into beating myself up for not doing as well as the other person, rather than focusing anger/resentment onto them.

When I was younger, I used to compare myself to others more than I do now. Also, now I'm able to factor in the fact that the person in question was usually willing to put in more time and effort into getting whatever it is they have than I'm willing to.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Pascuzzi View Post
    the only time envy, jealousy, or whatever has been an issue for me is during romantic pursuits. i guess it's because of that infamous INTJ Fi. if you try to take away something from me that's part of my inner vision, you're going to hit me in my one weak spot. given that you succeed, the only thing that's left for me to do is to reconstruct my inner vision, which is equivalent to admitting error and/or defeat.

but then again, that's rarely an issue. i only remember feeling clearly jealous or envious maybe once or twice in life.
    Pascuzzi, this was a refreshing post. When people here can recognnize and discuss the pieces of their personalities which need work, we're functioning in a fine way, indeed.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Pascuzzi, this was a refreshing post. When people here can recognnize and discuss the pieces of their personalities which need work, we're functioning in a fine way, indeed.
    And where did he say the rare surfacing of jealousy within him needs work..?

MBTI
    INFP

My bad, dis. I made one a them assumptions. Based on the fact that the first step to growth is recognizing and admitting our crunchy spots.

Edit: Since you're feeling nitpicky this morning I'll poke you back. Where did I say that he said? Heh.

MBTI
    INFP

But it's not very cool to talk down to people like that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Do you know jealousy?

I think so. Probably one of my bitchier exes...

Na, I'm more greedy than jealous. If I have to be jealous then she's not the girl for me.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]