• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Do you know jealousy?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
^^ oh just to clarify...i'm not mad. i was throwin a bit of attitude because disregard kinda said the people who said they didn't were full of it...and i gotta defend peoples rights to feel however they feel...it's just an incredibly annoying habit i have...i don't personally care one way or another. :D

hug:hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sc0877dq.gif

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
yeah it's alright we understand, one can see something he wants neutraly without puting any emotion into it.
I kind of do that, things are just elements I connect with concepts and so on, but why obsess about it. It serves no purpose what so ever.

But I do get not everybody thinks like me, so I'm not saying it's wrong.
For example I am utterly unable to keep an ordered room\desk, to study for that exam, that's now in 5hours (maths).
But it's all part of who I am, and i'm sure a more orderly mind couldn't come up with new ideas and so on all the time , "in the purest entp fashion."

I don't think it's wrong either. But it's one of the "qualities" I'm most proud in myself, I must say :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Alright, let's just group hug and make out together. This 'd settle the question once and for all!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think it's wrong either. But it's one of the "qualities" I'm most proud in myself, I must say
I can only agree on my side.

Ur so much like an entp, only, with a heart:shock:
I'm tempted to poke into ur brain to see how it all works ?

aw, let's be buddies!

G

garbage

Wow.. I'm glad for the Feelers' perspective on this thread!

Me? I do get envious on occasion, just like I sometimes get angry or sad. Like any negative emotion, I accept it, let it pass, try to figure out what it signaled, and move to correct it.

In the case of envy, it might mean that I desire to acquire a skill that someone else has. I then let the emotion go, then I try to accept or resolve the situation. I'll ask the person for pointers, do research, practice, and so on. The emotion itself doesn't last for very long (less than a minute, tops), but it signaled yet another drive in me.

To me, emotions are just that.. signals. Just like physical pain is a signal. Some people might feel certain emotions strongly, some people not at all. Although, my ENFJ friend keeps telling me to stop suppressing emotions.. ones that I don't actually feel..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can only agree on my side.

Ur so much like an entp, only, with a heart:shock:
I'm tempted to poke into ur brain to see how it all works ?

aw, let's be buddies!

haha...that's funny...and yeah...i think so too! really similar! it seems. :)

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Seems like a waste of energy. Maybe it motivates some people, but I can see it holding others back as well.

You're right, I think. Envy and jealousy can be largely debilatating when a person focuses on what he or she lacks so much that s/he falls into self-pity.

I often compare myself to others, which often leads to long bouts of feelings of worthlessness and shame. So, in a sense, I feel jealousy because that other person's success is a direct assailant on my own self-worth. At that point, I begin to envy specific attributes of a person (looks, certain personality traits, etc.)

I guess these feelings largely stem from a desire to be as important desirable, accepted by other (extraverted feeling, perhaps.) In my opinion, as long someone makes the decision to take practical steps to achieving what s/he thinks is missing, envy and jealousy can be dealt with without letting them take too much toll on a person's self-esteem.

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
<strikethrough>Jealousy/envy was probably one of the earliest strong emotions I had as a child.

My parents used manipulative preferential treatment of a sibling (and none too subtly either. I remember my Dad saying things like 'Now I don't love you. I'll love (insert name of random kid friend)', and I would be mutely outraged because I didn't know how to put anything in words) as punishment.

Plus I always had difficulty tattling on my brother (I would sometimes take the fall for him because I could imagine hating being in his shoes), while he hardly resisted a chance.

Now I still get jealous as a reflex when I feel overlooked or ignored, but I normally get over it by exerting some Te, and feeling some Fi inner happiness.

More insidiously, I have a very intense feeling of guilt whenever I've been joking around with a male friend or something, and move away, and then realise this INTJ I have a thing with was near. I don't know if it's because I'm hyper-vigilant about inciting jealousy, or that I sub-consciously try to induce jealousy, and then feel guilty about my motives. I don't know if joking around with someone else normally causes jealousy but I don't seem to have that relaxed mutual entertaining thing going on with the INTJ (with us it's more like mutual snarky comments), so yeah.</strikethrough>

*oops, now i realise this is in the NT rationale.
and i'm not an NT.shall take it out and post it on the other page i was looking at.

heart

heart on fire
I would think it's healthier to admit to jealousy and be comfortable with experiencing that emotion on occasion than to suppress the acknowledgment of our jealousy and to force a self-assured smile like everyone else and say "I'm not ever a jealous person in my romantic relationships, because I'm above that."

Take that Dr. Phil shit elsewhere.

:wubbie:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I communicate whatever hurts me to those who matter most to me, so I don't hold grudges.

If I don't like someone or something, I won't pretend to, and at times, I will let them know to their face, because that's how I keep it real. In away, it's a breath of fresh air for me.

In terms of jealousy, I rarely get jealous. I'll only get jealous say.. over trivial matters, like if I'm watching the foodnetwork and I see Rachel Ray traveling and eating, I'll be like "mother..." It's mostly for jokes/superficiality, because I get hungry watching them enjoy their meals at a nice hotspot while I'm in bed drooling.. =)

If someone deliberately tries to provoke action to make me upset, I let them know/or ignore them, afterwards, once we get matters settled. I still respect them. Just don't see any point in trying to be all lovey dovey.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never really got jealous over peoples qualities only their material goods like i'm jealous that all my mates have xbox 360 as i really want one but i'm not jealous that my two best mates are more athletic and better with girls than me (there both SPs).

There is one quality i envy though. Those people who are able to always smile. I don't just mean the average ExFP i man the really amazing ones who are always laughing and smiling and having fun; i've only met one or two that great. I wouldn't change the way i am to be like them because i am perfectly happy with myself and i would lose alot to be like that but i would like to be more like that which i think i could if i developed my Ne more.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can get horribly jelous, but usually in an insecure relationship. I often, and strangely enough have bright woemn getting very jelous of me, I think it's because I'm strong minded and not massively insecure, but I don't know for sure. Sometimes its other people who point it out to me that xyz person is jelous as hell of me.

It's a shame because most of these women I like to begin with, but I end up giving them the wide steer because I don't like it

Lis