First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I am well acquainted with jealousy.
    Yeah, I feel like I need an NFs to explain those things to me.

Can't you guys just disconnect those things ? (and chill by having a coke and a smoke)

ps: my bad about the envy, jealousy confusion. I'm not totally illiterate but anyway it wasnt like I did have a precise idea of a particular feeling, more like a general enjoy\jealousy\gruge vibe.

Last time i felt something similar was over 4 years ago in one of those 'particular situations', and I did mature alot in the ways of the buddha since then so I doubt it's likely to happen again.

MBTI
    INFP

Mmm... well it's only very intimate relationships that can evoke jealousy in me. It's painful.

It sounds like you're more interested in envy. It's an interesting topic...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Mmm... well it's only very intimate relationships that can evoke jealousy in me. It's painful.

It sounds like you're more interested in envy. It's an interesting topic...
    Dunno, both seems like fun, but envy is a more common thing, yet as said before, i do not experience it. Not like I'm making a big deal out of it, but I doubt it's as simple as the usual 'entps are full of themselves' (yet it is so true).
    it seems like it could be related to that whole "I dont care about morals\social norms" I have going on.

But hey, havent slept for a 2 days, might be a little bit out of my league for now on. Right now i'm doing my best NOT to do that very important and urgent work.

MBTI
    INxJ

None for me. Neither serves a purpose.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

we had this discussion recently and my feelings were the same as yours...but it occured to me that if i had romantic interest in someone but couldn't date them for whatever reason then i do believe i would feel jealous if i had to witness some flirting between him and someone else...but it's very rarely been an issue because i've usually dated who i wanted...but as far as other jealousy or envy no...never...i'm happy and excited for other peoples good fortune.

and...even in a relationship...if someone provoked jealous feelings in me i would probably take that to mean they didn't value the relationship as much as i did and decide it was better to find out now rather then later and leave them....although...i've always been made to feel secure in relationships so that's never happened.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Jealousy is one of the most foreign feeling states to me. But since I've had "grandma fever" I am becoming familiar with what that gnawing envy feels like. It's a pretty ugly sensation, I think.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    1w2

These types of threads about the negative spectrum of human emotion always surprise me. They tend to be started by someone who can't understand why people experience negative XYZ emotion as if it's unnatural or foreign and echoed by others who claim not to have felt these emotions either or have limited experience. Maybe it's me; I'm always telling myself and others it's OK to experience their emotions, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm a more envious person than jealous, although what I envy about others is typically not material. For those of you who aren't acquainted with jealousy and envy is this some type of unawareness of your own feeling states, restricted emotional palette, or maybe you all have reached some state of Zen or Tao? When I encounter people who say they don't feel certain things I find they manifest a certain impatience with the emotions of other because they haven't or don't know what it is to feel a certain thing.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yep
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    These types of threads about the negative spectrum of human emotion always surprise me. They tend to be started by someone who can't understand why people experience negative XYZ emotion as if it's unnatural or foreign and echoed by others who claim not to have felt these emotions either or have limited experience. Maybe it's me; I'm always telling myself and others it's OK to experience their emotions, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm a more envious person than jealous, although what I envy about others is typically not material. For those of you who aren't acquainted with jealousy and envy is this some type of unawareness of your own feeling states, restricted emotional palette, or maybe you all have reached some state of Zen or Tao? When I encounter people who say they don't feel certain things I find they manifest a certain impatience with the emotions of other because they haven't or don't know what it is to feel a certain thing.

i realize they are pretty common emotions but i don't relate to them that much because i value the individual so much...i think everyone has the right to be them and they alone are responsible for the good and bad things in their life and i have no inclination to compare or judge.

but like i said above...if i liked someone but couldn't date them i would be jealous of someone who wanted to and could...i think...so in that way i totally get it...but...if i thought that person didn't want to date me...then those feelings would go away...and i think that just has to do with self respect....at least for me.

i don't know the thought processes of others who have these emotions and am in no way judging them for it....just so i'm clear.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1bw
    Socionics
    INTj

the only time envy, jealousy, or whatever has been an issue for me is during romantic pursuits. i guess it's because of that infamous INTJ Fi. if you try to take away something from me that's part of my inner vision, you're going to hit me in my one weak spot. given that you succeed, the only thing that's left for me to do is to reconstruct my inner vision, which is equivalent to admitting error and/or defeat.

but then again, that's rarely an issue. i only remember feeling clearly jealous or envious maybe once or twice in life.