• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] for ENTP ppl: Do you have an INTP sidekick?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I do happen to know this guy, I've been having a love hate relationship with him for years. I'm not gay, mind you (yes, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but just in case i'd love to see three hugers see me as a very mean person)
Anyyway; ur input?
I will post more after finishing this lucky strike (maybe)

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes, I do have a INTP sidekick. It's the usual problems, but over all a general understanding. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:drool: lucky strikes...

I do have an INTP sidekick, though I wonder why on earth he puts up with me. We've hung out for years- for 3 years we were inseperable until I moved away. :(

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think the idea is that sidekicks are usually the ones who talk less :blush:

and I'd much prefer to be a super villan ANY day! :yes:

Yeah, we can be so chatty sometimes, damn it. I just can't shut up when I'm doing 'my thing', must be hormones.

But yeah, had an intp friend who was always like, my thinking buddy, helped me developping ideas.
The thing that pissed me off to the extreme was his tendency to then say "it's OUR idea" when I as usual did all the thinking.
>_<

He's studying in another city now, but Knowing myself I'll just hug him next time we see each other.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't have an INTP sidekick yet. I'm waiting to meet the right one >_>.

I'm taking applications at Window 2A.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe it's just me but really, we're somehow very alike and EXTREMELY different, so it's like, I dont know, having some computer assisted thinking (only, not a computer,yes my thinking is extremely messy today).<- fever
Yet some aspects of INTP personnalities just piss me off to the limit.

So as said before, love hate relationship

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Methinks I need an ENTP superhero to mess work with :rolleyes:

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe it's just me but really, we're somehow very alike and EXTREMELY different, so it's like, I dont know, having some computer assisted thinking (only, not a computer,yes my thinking is extremely messy today).<- fever
Yet some aspects of INTP personnalities just piss me off to the limit.

So as said before, love hate relationship

They sometimes insist on being so overly precise? :p

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's always the problem. I've had a few long-time ENTP friends, and they invariably get pissy about it.

I don't get pissy about it if the precision is necessary. When it actually has meaning, it's fine. But when someone is pedantic about details while totally missing the big picture, that's what is irritating. But actually, I can be a bit detail-oriented myself at times. :p

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't get pissy about it if the precision is necessary. When it actually has meaning, it's fine. But when someone is pedantic about details while totally missing the big picture, that's what is irritating. But actually, I can be a bit detail-oriented myself at times. :p
That's not it. It is a prioritization difference, but it certainly isn't details vs. big picture, unless your friend is ISTJ.

The INTP prioritizes correctness over action, and vice versa for the ENTP. That's the difference.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey you two : P, I see the ENTP\INTP dynamics are starting to show.
It's nice to see them get excited about things after u warm them up a bit, but to a kid like me, it's hard to always being the one bringing the passion into things.
After a while they just, put me down.
Yet strangely, the whole 'u help me do my thing', is quit exhilirating

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Also somebody made a very good point on I-dont-know-which-post-who-cares-anyway.

Was about entps not SIMPLY being attention whores (surprising, I KNOW) , but really needing to have someone understand and "test" their ideas, because whatever I do and do not do, I'm an idea guy.
And even if i dont give a damn about most things, somehow, when i really want to share an idea and people don't listen, it's REALLY hurtful, because those things are my babies at that moment, spawns of my wicked personality.
So the idea could suck, WHATEVER, it's about listening. And intps listen (and understand).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also somebody made a very good point on I-dont-know-which-post-who-cares-anyway.

Was about entps not SIMPLY being attention whores (surprising, I KNOW) , but really needing to have someone understand and "test" their ideas, because whatever I do and do not do, I'm an idea guy.
And even if i dont give a damn about most things, somehow, when i really want to share an idea and people don't listen, it's REALLY hurtful, because those things are my babies at that moment, spawns of my wicked personality.
So the idea could suck, WHATEVER, it's about listening. And intps listen (and understand).

wow...i am exactly that way too.

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
One of my friends is an ENTP. I wouldn't consider myself his "sidekick", as I tend to devise things while he tends to actually do things. Consequently, we do work well as a team.

We also tend to bounce ideas off of each other a lot, and I imagine our conversations don't sound very coherent to most of the people around us. Go figure.