• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Jim Morrison- xNTP?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I want to get this cleared up real fast, because it has bugged me for some time.

Now, I am a huge fan of Jim Morrison, mostly because I find his veiws of the world, his philosophies, his poetry, and his soul to be quite similar to mine. I have read No one Here gets out alive, and have listened to every doors song atleast 20 times. The only thing I can't get through is Jim's type. He was such a unique, troubeled, deep character, that it's hard to read him.

I am theorizing that he was probably an NTP; but I'm not quite sure..my closest estimate would be xNTP, but I don't know. What do you think?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
He was too wasted to type.
That was my first thought. In other words, how do you separate the man from the drugs.

But with that said, it's safe to guess "F" when typing someone that writes poetry/lyrics.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i won't say one way or the other as he was quite open about using mind-altering drugs a lot, but i will say that i had the following quote of his as a signature for quite a while:

"I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments."

here are some more of his quotes.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
That was my first thought. In other words, how do you separate the man from the drugs.

But with that said, it's safe to guess "F" when typing someone that writes poetry/lyrics.
Not necessarily. Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist of Rush, is almost certainly an xNTP (I would guess I, based around his reclusive behavior). His lyrics are poetic, but revolve around subjects such as science, secular humanism, and libertarian/objectivist philosophy.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Up!

Jim Morrison was either ENFP or ENTP. 7w8 Sx/Sp.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
agreed...i think he's enfp...some male enfps have that rock star swagger. my dad was like that in a way...so is steven tyler...even mika really...it's a certain air... my bf says i gots it too..

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Man, Jim Morrison bothers the heck out of me. The worst kind of ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whaaa? whys that? too much ne? like the pushing the limits of reality kind? not considering others or real life consequence?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
whaaa? whys that? too much ne? like the pushing the limits of reality kind? not considering others or real life consequence?

I like his music, but he was such a dick. He thought he was so damn special and deep that he could treat people however he wanted. Using his girlfriends and then putting a knife to them as some sort of perverted joke? His terrible poetry, his appallingly vulgar behaviour and sense of humour, and his general lack of concern for others. No respect for his father. There's a definitely a part of myself deep deeeep down that I reject that is similar to him, so I am responding a little too viscerally, but I hate the guy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you infps arrre sensitive to that sort it seems. i get what you're saying but...it doesn't bother me the same at all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I going to say he was an antisocial ENTP, more likely than ENFP.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
you infps arrre sensitive to that sort it seems. i get what you're saying but...it doesn't bother me the same at all.
So, complete self absorbed god complex personalities with a lack of concern for most others don't bother you as an ENFP? you ENFPs arrre full of yourselves and baised toward your own types aren't you? Wait, that's just you. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that is NOT what i meant! of course i get that certain behavior is inappropriate, uncalled for or just flat out rude...but it is not as much in my nature to put labels on such things...i often just observe...and usually reserve judgement for things that personally effect me....it is simply that it did not occur to me...however...i agree that his behavior was dickish at times...it's just that our filtering system is a bit different...but thanks for reflecting all that negativity towards me....appreciated. :rolleyes:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
They only direct it toward you because they know ENFPs can take it. You know, like Jimmy could. Oh wait....