User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type would you choose?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

59 32.24%
  • INFP

37 20.22%
  • ENFJ

41 22.40%
  • INFJ

46 25.14%
First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

xNFJ.

It depends on whether I'd feel like exploring my own solitary life or just being socially engaged all the time as to whether I'd do the I or E thing.

It would just be cool for once to have convictions and get closure on things more regularly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ

This poll came out a lot more even than its NT counterpart.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

This is hard. If I could be any other type it would probably be ENTP, though I'll admit I was disappointed in the other thread that ENTPs are in first and INTPs are in last. I guess want for self-affirmation wins the day.

For NF types though, while some extroversion would definitely be nice (and that previously-mentioned Ne quality of seeming bullet-proof), I think I'd have to go with one off the introvert types. I've just had too much experience with EFs confidently expressing themselves in thinking terms, but without any of the real backing that a T has. Which, for me, can be quite frustrating, particularly when EFs get listened to more and generally tend to have more social weight than we INTPs.

I love both INFPs and INFJs, so I'd be happy either way. In each case it kinda depends on the sort of INFP or INFJ I would be. I'd really love some certainty, which leads me in the direction of INFJ, and I like the whole Fe/Ti thing, but I think ultimately I'm going to choose INFP. I love NP conversations way too much to give them up. And while J might help with actually doing things and getting things done, I prefer P for the process.

So my order of preference would probably be:
    INFP
    INFJ
    ENFP
    ENFJ

But it's close.
    Last edited by Scott; 01-05-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Originally typed 'certainly' rather than 'certainty' on accident.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

And now I'm second-guessing myself... Maybe I should have picked INFJ. IME, they might be more consistently great...

Of course then, had I done that I probably wouldn't be sitting here second-guessing myself...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    This is hard. If I could be any other type it would probably be ENTP, though I'll admit I was disappointed in the other thread that ENTPs are in first and INTPs are in last. I guess want for self-affirmation wins the day.

For NF types though, while some extroversion would definitely be nice (and that previously-mentioned Ne quality of seeming bullet-proof), I think I'd have to go with one off the introvert types. I've just had too much experience with EFs confidently expressing themselves in thinking terms, but without any of the real backing that a T has. Which, for me, can be quite frustrating, particularly when EFs get listened to more and generally tend to have more social weight than we INTPs.

I love both INFPs and INFJs, so I'd be happy either way. In each case it kinda depends on the sort of INFP or INFJ I would be. I'd really love some certainly, which leads me in the direction of INFJ, and I like the whole Fe/Ti thing, but I think ultimately I'm going to choose INFP. I love NP conversations way too much to give them up. And while J might help with actually doing things and getting things done, I prefer P for the process.

So my order of preference would probably be:
    INFP
    INFJ
    ENFP
    ENFJ

But it's close.
    i don't know why but your answer was really funny...maybe it's the wine...but YEAH!! np conversations ftw!! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Hey the poll is pretty even... Es get a bit more preference, but hey looks like NFs just totally rock in general

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Hey the poll is pretty even... Es get a bit more preference, but hey looks like NFs just totally rock in general
    They do indeed

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't know why but your answer was really funny...maybe it's the wine...but YEAH!! np conversations ftw!! haha
    I don't know why either, but I'll take it! Now we just need to get busy filling the world with more np conversations and wine... we'll start tomorrow!

... Er... tomorrow's Christmas, maybe we can start the next day... or sometime after the New Year... I'm sure it'll happen.

(Well, it's a nice idea)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ haha...yes...one of these days there will be lots of them and no one else will have a clue what we are talking about and it will be freakin fantastic! whoohoo.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

^^ Oh yeah, that's the best part. Somehow, I'm still disappointed and somewhat surprised when other people think my np friends and I are crazy after hearing our np conversations or trying to be a part of them. I guess that Ne just comes so naturally for us that it's hard to imagine other people not seeing the connections that seem to obvious and almost on the surface for us (yeah ok, I might be something of an np elitist... what of it?). We're just great.

I tell you, if NPs ruled the world...... ok, on second thought - if the people who ruled the world got frustrated enough at NPs that they provided for our basic needs (which would naturally include things like, say, internet, and other curiosity-satiating things) and put us all together on our own happy island (or small continent, as the case may be), so that they could go on and do whatever it is they want to do with the rest of the world without hearing from us... then, the world might be a better place (albeit a place with one strange continent that somewhat drains the rest of the world's supplies of things like basic resources, run-on sentences and parenthetical clauses)

(Also... sorry if I'm a touch off-topic, or only tangentially on topic... I'll promise to not derail further )
    Last edited by Scott; 12-25-2008 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Needed to apologize for potential derail

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

IDIOT is no opinion therefore I rather choose to not to be
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]