User Tag List

First 123

Oberon

Hire an office manager. Pay him or her well.

Do that, and you should be good to go.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, extensive experience of running businesses with ENTJ's, both as owner and partner. What can I say? I can't imagine a better partnership. Even better still when an INTJ details man and an ESFJ receptionist joined the team.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Yikes, this sounds like a nightmare. The law firm bit and the working closely with an ENTJ bit.

I... suppose. Yeah!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

One of my business partners is an ENTJ, and so is my (favorite) sister who works with me on occasion. I love working with them. As long as the roles are clearly defined. But for the most part, if someone wants to assert themselves and take on more work (especially management) - it's perfect for me. I can spend more time in research and development, which is what I love the most anyway.

I know if I delegate a task to an ENTJ, I never have to worry that it will get done, and get done well. That is a blessing to me because I hate to micromanage and when I do, I'm ruthless - which is not fun for me. They like to brag on and on about all their accomplishments and how stupid everyone else is, but that is a small price to pay for guaranteed perfection. They are less tactful than even I am, but I get a kick out of that. And I usually swing around to do NeFe damage control with a quickness. It's like playing good cop/bad cop.

My other favorite to work with (reliable, less chatty, determined, capable) are ISTJs. I could never partner with one because they are not always very forward thinking, but I would hire one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That is a blessing to me because I hate to micromanage and when I do, I'm ruthless - which is not fun for me.
    True, and I didn't think it was common in ENTPs, just an anomaly in me. I usually wait around the fringes waiting for another to take on the responsibility of a task, but, if no one does, or the ones who volunteered, I'm skeptical about, in terms of quality of work....I will volunteer. And, then, it's over. I am not only then making sure that everyone is crossing their T's and dotting their I's while doing my own part, I have got every corner possible covered, checking and double-checking....it will sometimes get to the point, where I will take on another's task MYSELF, to save us both the headache and do it right from the start. Madness. In those situations, it truly helps to have faith in another's quality of work so that I can stop being so anal and nit-picky about every angle. Which is one thing that will raise my frustration & anger faster than any other (as I truly hate it)...being so overly micro-managing. That's when I'm telling other's off or my sarcasm is in high gear.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, I feel ya. If I take responsibility for something, my name is on the line and everyone is suspect. In addition, if I feel you can't handle the simple task I assigned, I will punish you mercilessly. I delegated it to you because I thought you could handle it. Don't make me regret that decision. I can be truly ruthless. And I don't like becoming that person... And it's funny because I can't stand when someone is constantly looking over my shoulder because I know that I will do an excellent job with whatever is thrown my way. I wish others had that amount of faith in themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, I feel ya. If I take responsibility for something, my name is on the line and everyone is suspect. In addition, if I feel you can't handle the simple task I assigned, I will punish you mercilessly. I delegated it to you because I thought you could handle it. Don't make me regret that decision. I can be truly ruthless. And I don't like becoming that person... And it's funny because I can't stand when someone is constantly looking over my shoulder because I know that I will do an excellent job with whatever is thrown my way. I wish others had that amount of faith in themselves.
    Dude, this and what you said in the other part - get out of my head!

That's kinda why I like the ENTJ to take over that part - he'll do the micromanaging and control freakery for me, and make sure the other people involved do a good job. Though, since the business partnership in my case was ENTP, ENTJ, ESFJ and INTJ - all perfectionist types - there was seldom any need to do this. It was just a fantastic and very successful partnership with virtually no down points.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen